Monday, July 2, 2018

Southern Utah 2018

Michael:
had a lonely week without us and I always feel sad for him when he's home alone. He went on a hike by himself on Saturday because he's cool, and Friday was his last day of internal medicine. He's now officially a third year and starts his VA rotation tomorrow morning. Our favorite golden retriever friend was with him this week so at least he wasn't ALL alone. And he said our garden survived our time away and he's been having fun harvesting. I'm heading home to salsa plans!

Maddie:
has soaked up Cedar City this week and I am always so rejuvenated and refueled here. I spent a good part of two days working on a project with my friend Kindal which was the BEST. We have so much fun working together and we haven't been in the same place in way too long. I also went to the Cedar City temple for my first time this week. I went to the open house in November but this was my first time back here since it has officially opened, and that was such a sweet experience. I've been having fun playing with my boys at Grandma and Grandpa's house and wearing them out with lots of fun with cousins.

Westin:
loved our Kleinman reunion (my dad's mom's family) this weekend, especially riding in the back of a truck and riding a horse -- in that order, according to him. The reunion was at the Kleinman family cabin on Kolob Mountain and I haven't been there in years. He also liked the kids' watermelon eating contest, chasing a human pinata, and painting rocks. Kids are so happy outdoors, so happy with cousins, and so happy with yummy food and treats. Reunions are the best! My favorite conversation with Westin this week was this:
W: "Are horses supposed to poop in their trailer?"
M: "Well, they mostly poop on the ground, but they just poop anywhere really."
W: "So do they poop in their trailers?"
M: "Yeah, sometimes they do."
W: "Well how does the trailer get cleaned up?"
M: "With water, or shovels."
W: "Oh... But, horses don't carry shovels?"

Bennett:
has so much fun with his cousins too, and really loves following his older brother around. His new words/sounds this week are Uh Oh, All Gone, Bird, More, and the start of Brother. I love this language stage when they understand so much and are JUST about to talk to you a lot, too. It was hilarious to see how dirty he and Westin were after playing at the cabin. 

These last two weeks have been filled with SO many family and friends. I have been overwhelmed by how lucky and grateful I feel to have the connections that my family has in life. A network of extended family and friends does so much for our sense of who we are and what I want to teach my kids. I am so grateful the last 2 weeks lined up the way they did so that we could experience an overflow of family and fun. I hope Westin can remember these two reunions.

Happiest boy when we're outside with cousins. Kids love reunions!



The Kleinman Family Reunion -- members of my dad's mom's family, her sister's family, and her brother's family.

Westin started this ride by himself and then got a little freaked out, but he did great once I jumped up with him.
I wondered if he would be up for riding the horses since he was pretty scared of them last time he was around them.
He did great!

Watermelon eating contest



First the guys' round, then a ladies round, then the kids round. All three were so funny.

Westin had such a funny frantic look during the watermelon eating contest.






Nature Walk Scavenger Hunt



The fire in Pine Valley is so sad. It literally looked like a volcano on our drive home.
Caused by a poorly extinguished fire by hikers. Utah needs rain so badly right now.

Julia is such a cute little mom to everyone around, no matter their size.


My little buddy.

Building a fence so the cows won't knock over the outhouse anymore :)


Cedar City Temple. I saw so many people I knew there that day and it made me so happy.


Westin the Snake! Hotel pillows provide endless fun.
I still remember my dad building pillow forts around us on vacation mornings.

Lewis and Ali having fun! Well, Lewis is ALWAYS having fun.

South Elementary with DaNae and her boys. It's so fun having good friends with boys the same ages.


Working on a project with Kindal -- waking kids up at 6:00 a.m. is dedication :) Her dad was so nice to help us out.
Little bible boys. :) I can't wait to share more about this project soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis