Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thanksgiving and Cannon Crew!

On Sunday night we celebrated Westin's birthday, since we weren't sure when Michael would make it home from work on Monday. He requested salmon, corn on the cob, and chocolate chip cookies. 
During dinner he said, 
"I didn't ask for salad or rice with this, but I'm going to eat them... this is the best dinner. This is the best dinner we've ever had! Thanks mom. Wow, don't you really like this?"
This kid's relationship with food is one of my favorite things about him. Just so entertaining and sincere and cute. He was so stoked to get a Spiderman and Captain America shirt for his birthday.

Michael had Thanksgiving off, and the whole weekend after. It was so fun to have him home for four days! We got so much done and still felt like we played so much too. Four days is soooo much time.
On Thursday I went to a High class for the first time in so long, while he put up Christmas lights with the boys. Then we had our own little Thanksgiving dinner. Then on Friday the Cannons came up! We were so excited they made the drive to visit us.

Our Saturday with them was so much fun. Shelley and I went to a High class together, then we all picked up favorite donuts near our house and took them to the park. They brought their cute little dog and it was entertaining to watch him at the dog park there, and the little guys loved the playground. From their we found a gem of a taco truck in Fresno, and then we all went to Frozen 2. Camden was sweet through the whole movie and went to sleep on the way home. I really liked the music in the movie and the messages. Westin turned to us during one of the most emotional scenes and said, "This is a looong movie." Boys. Then we came home and watched some football, ate dinner, and played Wits and Wagers. We love the Cannons! Kids have so much fun when they are with cousins. I love when they get time together.

They left Sunday morning and we had a busy Sunday of church, tithing settlement, a temple/priesthood preview meeting, and helping little Bennett with his new cough/cold.

I loved having Michael home during this holiday so much. I am getting so excited for his schedule to be better. We are ready for that change!!!

Another favorite quote this week was when Westin wanted all of us to write down our favorite story about Jesus, and then turn our paper over and write down the name of our favorite song about Jesus. Michael looked at Westin's paper and said, "Oh, that's a D, not a B. You need to put the circle on this side of the line."
And Westin said, "Ok, well it's fine -- I'm just a little kid, man!"
Haha he was so funny yesterday. He also helped me make all our 25 Days of Christ ornaments and he loves doing projects with us. I love my boys so much.

Candle in a cookie, by request!





This kid is just getting to be SO smiley and adorable and fun.

Birthday breakfast! At this point we were pretty birthdayed out but Westin was still thrilled it was the ACTUAL day.


Tummy time on a yoga mat is pretty legit.

Our neighbor is just so sweet to these boys.
If you know them, you know she absolutely nailed these gifts.

I caught Westin playing War with Buzz.
Honestly, I'm impressed he already knows that Buzz can play War as well as anyone.
Worst game.

We had a play date with Westin's best friend from school, Weston.
He and his sister (who is Bennett's age) are so much fun and we love them and their mom.
They brought Westin the sweetest birthday present of a book with his actual name in the story.

First High class in so long!
Don't judge that heart rate. I have been doing low impact exercise for months and months
and my heart needs to get back with the program :)

Kitty and clean laundry.
A site that makes me crazy and that Michael thinks is adorable.

Camden outside during the Christmas light action!


Snacks for lunch on turkey day

Baby's first Thanksgiving!


I kind of hate that this doesn't look like very much work because it felt like I cooked so much.
Roasted turkey breast, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, and Ruth's Chris sweet potato casserole recipe.
We also made an apple crisp pie and I tried a greek yogurt pie crust and it failed miserably.

Tony and Dragons Love Tacos! Bennett just loves his Uncle Tony so much.


I almost deleted this picture but then I saw Bennett.



Yummy tacos! Tacos and family. Happiness.

Game night with the Cannons Plus pie. You know there was lots of pie.

These two had such a blast all weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis