Monday, June 29, 2020

Finishing Four Fresno Years

Another week of box packing, friend playing, deep cleaning, creative cooking (gotta use up all that food), temperature climbing, social distancing (now in the -ish stage), and more box packing.

We played with Weston and his mom and sister on Monday. Those cute boys and their fun friendship were just so fun to watch this year. We also swam with Emily and her girls this week and loved that. I still can't believe we were random roommates at BYU and randomly overlapping in Fresno too. I just love her and her cute girls so much. Michael went to a little get together with his coresidents on Saturday and had a good time. He ended up swimming in his clothes because #Fresnotemps. Then Saturday we planned on going out for the first time in 3 months, for the last time in a while because of moving and all that's about to come up, but our babysitter ended up not being able to come. I was just happy we didn't find out until the moment we were waiting for her to come over, because then I at least still got to look forward to it all day and it made the whole day better. That sounds sad, but really I mean it. It made the whole day better just thinking we were going to finally go on a date, haha. Instead Michael put the older boys to bed, I went and grabbed some take out, and we had a little mini-date with Camden. That sneaky baby, staying up when he knows there's a party.

The final stages before moving are so weird. Transitions are so weird. Moving is so much work.
I can't believe next week we won't be in Fresno. It feels like we just moved here, and it also feels like soooo much has happened since then, too.

I thought I would write more about residency and a reflection of just what these years were like. But I'm just not ready to yet. This transition still feels very heavy and I'm emotionally not able to go there while there's so much physical work around me. Coping mechanism? Denial? I don't know.

I just know that I revert back to drinking chocolate milk like a child when I'm feeling stressed.
And that's ok.

Pictures of our fun this week!

Sprinklers with friends!

I thought it was so funny when they put it on top of their playground so it would spray everywhere.

Sweet Weston and Westin.
His mom brought over matching lego sets for them to play with together on Zoom after we move,
plus a stationary set for each of them with their names on it for their letters to each other.

This little friendship was so cute to watch this year.
I am looking forward to watching them keep in touch!


Westin used to love to ask Michael to bring home San Pellegrino from work.
He doesn't even like it. I think he just likes that it sounds fancy.
Anyway, he was excited to see it in the bag of samples Walmart sent home with our grocery pick up.
He still doesn't like it.

Boxes are rocket ships, pirate boats, race cars ... all sorts of things before they're filled up with stuff
and demeaned back to mere box status.


Last swim day with our sweet Ryans.
Living by Emily for the second fateful time in life has been just the very, very best.

This post-bath koala baby is my favorite!

My little sewing sidekick this week.
He really wanted to sew himself in his Captain America shirt and he's been working hours on it.

Oh baby Cam Cam, you are so sweet!



I love you, mom!
Sometimes I send Ali screenshots of the Facetime moments when I see more of your finger than your face.
It's out of love and we love you.

These boys earned moving buddies!
The kicker is -- Westin was pretty sad that this Buzz didn't have a laser or wings that moved.
And the Buzz with a laser and wings that move is half the price... ha.
So, once I realized this was NOT what he'd been earning money for in his mind,
we returned them and ordered the different buddies online.
They're set to arrive on Wednesday. Which is the last full day we live here, so....
please arrive by Wednesday.
And now it's literally just like the movie -- we're packing up boxes and hoping Woody and Buzz make it back here before the big move. 

We returned Marcel the Shell to our friend who gave her to us a few years ago.
She was a good turtle. I think she was happy to be back with her family.
Bennett was so concerned about her.
This kid needs a lot of pets in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis