Sunday, October 11, 2020

Back to School!

The boys went back to school this week! Bennett four mornings a week, Westin two full days a week. They both loved it. Bennett is quiet and shy there but I think he'll open up soon. Westin says he likes the crafts, and he already knows one girl in his class because we live by her grandma. Our walks to the school are so nice, and it was so weird to be alone with Camden for a couple mornings this week! I attempted some painting while he played with some toys but it's not always the most efficient way to use our time. But I mean, what is.

At the end of this week I left to Utah to work on my book with Kindal. We are so close! The drive was so easy -- going to the bathroom by yourself on a road trip is a borderline glamorous experience when you usually have three kids in tow. Michael and the boys had fun finding a new spot to throw rocks in the water on Saturday and then got Chick-Fil-A that night. On Sunday they went to church, chatted with the Daetwylers, went to a neighborhood chili cook off during some crazy wind, and then my parents got there that afternoon. They watched the boys while Michael was at work Monday and Tuesday so that I could make it a long weekend with Kindal and get things done. So grateful for that!













Right side: Before, Left side: After.

After. The walls that I'm painting in Phase 1 are all painted (except for the walls I'm doing board and batten, shiplap, and another type of accent wall on), and now it's down to some details like this that make a difference but are just smaller boxes to check off.


I forgot it was still yellow behind my fridge! Painted it.
Now the only yellow left in the house is the bottom half of the dining room,
where I'll be putting board and batten. Alllllmost done with yellow!
The top half of the dining room will be this dark mauve color,
thought it's much darker than I anticipated. Way darker than the wet paint. 
I like it, but I think I'll change it in a couple years because it's just a really strong color.
Then the accent wall in my piano room is this ultra dark green and I really really like it.
I'm still deciding what we'll do to this wall for sure,
but probably a geometric trim pattern.




At that stage where I have to provide him with a mess to make by me whenever I need to get something done, and it'll buy me like.... four minutes. 
Someone wants to come!

Michael finds fun spots. I'm excited to go back to this one with them.
I made it to Lehi for lunch with my nieces and nephews Saturday,
then saw my mom and aunts at my cousins bridal shower,
then had this beautiful drive up Provo Canyon to stay at Kindal's in Midway for our book weekend.

Three men in a tub
Putting our book together!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis