Sunday, March 7, 2021

Quickest Utah Trip: News, Birthdays, & Dad Time

 The boys were happy to get back to school Monday and see their friends after their Louisville trip! Westin was especially excited to tell his friends all about the airplane, and seeing a raccoon.

Bennett loves Miss Kathleen, his speech therapist. He was excited to tell her all about his trip, too. Both of them were sad to be home though! When we pulled in the garage after the airport, Bennett didn't climb out of his seat and was just looking sad. I asked what was wrong and he said, "I'm sad I'm not at grandpa's house!" Cuties.

Camden is walking so much this week. He'd love it if one of us would hold his hand at all times and walk all over with him, but he can do pretty well on his own! It's so fun to watch him looking so big. On Friday and Saturday we rode bikes for a bit and he was just looking so big in his helmet and jeans and bike seat. 

Wednesday was the highlight of my week! I flew out Tuesday as soon as Michael was home and made the short flight from Denver to Salt Lake. My parents picked me up and we made a 10pm In & Out run since none of us had eaten dinner yet. They are so funny. It was fun to get to Ali's that night together. The next day I met Kindal at ABC4 studios and we met early to do some planning. While we were parked outside we saw Marie Osmond come out -- I wish I gave her a book!! But we were down to our last softcover and hardcover copies, and we needed those for the show haha. We had fun filming this segment and being in the studio together and just talking about something that we have been so invested in for so long!

Then we went to lunch together and filmed some videos for our book stuff, and just loved being in the same state for a bit! After that I rushed back to little Elise's FIRST birthday party! Ali had redone an IKEA kitchen for her and made her a beautiful birthday cake. It was such a cute little party and so fun to be with my family on that quick trip. It was hard to believe it has already been a year since I was at Ali's helping her when Elise was born, right before the world shut down. Oh what a first year of life!

Michael and the boys had a good time on their day together. They all slept in our bed (minus Camden #criblife) and Westin and Bennett thought that was so cool. On Thursday night when I was back home, we woke them up at 11pm to go potty and I said, "OK, go crawl back in bed Benny," and he immediately took a snoozy, wobbly walk down the hall and climbed right into my spot of the bed and was out. It took one night to be replaced :)

On Saturday I went to a High class in Timnath and it was so much fun! It was outdoors and my first in person class in so long. The girls here are really nice, and it felt so good to do High with some mountain views. Fort Collins is really great. After that we had a virtual Relief Society activity I have been working on and it went pretty well. I'm looking forward to in person activities soon, though. Then we did a little bike ride over to some of the boys' friends house for them to play together, and I worked on unloading BOOKS! 2700 pounds of books. We are still waiting on a few of our shipping supplies, but our Kickstarter ends this week and soon we will be shipping out 650 and counting book orders.... craziness! We are highly motivated to get these out the door for Easter baskets but it's going to be quite the project.

This week was just so happy, and the warmer temps and bike rides and open windows added to it exponentially. 




Best drop off from our primary presidency

The pre-cooked pizza dough from Trader Joes is yummy!

He was so proud of this hermit crab.


Southwest broke my bag on our way home from Louisville and I was so sad!
It sat here like this for a few days before I could come to terms with throwing it away, 
and Camden took advantage of it.

Ali did such a good job on that little kitchen!

When you park behind Marie Osmond...






My mom has started a full on side hustle of selling my books to our non-Kickstarter savvy market and it's so funny to me.





Love this little lady!








Windows never stay too clean because this is how he watches me clean them.

Bennett fell asleep by me on Friday and it was the sweetest! 
I had to get up because my books got delivered right during this cozy moment,
but he slept on. Such a cutie.




3500 books.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis