Sunday, December 5, 2021

Last week with Grammy and Grandpa

We were so grateful for another week of help from Grandma and Grandpa Daetwyler. They had Camden on bike rides in the mornings, countless games of Cover Your Assets with Westin, park trips and cooking with Bennett, help with Asher, and just kept our heads above water for another week while we try to figure out four kids who are all still very needy :) I love them so much and I am just beyond grateful for their help.

Michael got sick at the end of the week and has zero voice today. He's not feeling well at all. I woke up with mastitis on Saturday so it was a rough day of being on our own for the first time and both of us totally under the weather. But I'm on antibiotics and already feeling way better, so today we've caught up a little. But tomorrow is my first day alone with these cute boys and it's definitely nerve racking. 

It was so fun to get pictures this week of my book in different Costcos and Deseret Books from family and friends! This year was all about this book and this baby to me, and right now I feel like I made it to the sweet part -- nursing by the Christmas tree while the books are getting stocked by someone else onto store shelves. It just feels like a good ending to a year of lots of different kinds of hard work.

Westin is loving a new engineering club he goes to on Mondays. Bennett came home sick from school this week but seemed to perk up again pretty quick. Throwing up at school is the worst, poor guy. Camden is still being a pro with his glasses. I don't know if that's because of Jenny's work with him still or if he's finally registering that he does see better with them on (which would also be thanks to Jenny) but I'm glad it's not really an issue anymore. Asher is only sleeping on his side and not sleeping very well at night, but I have way, WAY less night anxiety with this baby than my others. That's because of two reasons -- 1) I'm not afraid to go to bed at 7pm anymore. That used to be unheard of and make me so sad to think about since nights were my favorite time of day. But I'm just so dang tired that it doesn't even feel like a choice anymore, it's just what I do. I did that for a lot of this pregnancy and just straight into his newborn nights too. And 2) I know these nights are numbered. You technically know that with your other babies but now I really do know he'll sleep someday, and it's going to be ok, and our nights together are our quiet time. 

Our life definitely has felt turned upside down, but that's normal with a baby and we're going to be just fine :) He is one month this week, which is pretty crazy to me, and that first month down is no small accomplishment! He's such a sweetheart. I love his serene face when I give him baths and the way his hair dries in a spiky curl, I love holding him by the Christmas tree, and he's still so tiny and sweet to hold. I found Bennett reading Asher books this week, and Camden runs to get me every time Asher cries. These brothers are so sweet.

Books going out!

This piano makes me so happy.
A piece straight from my childhood, with my grandma's names above it.

Poor sick Bennett, 
took two naps this week.

Grandma was first to put presents under the tree!
The boys were so excited.

My view each night.
Never would I have let my other kids sleep like this.
We've entered survival.

I love seeing them see Christmas magic.

Treasured those naps I got with baby while Camden was bike riding with Grandma and Grandpa.
Life is about to speed up around here.

This just made me laugh.
"Come to me all who are crushing it."
Glad it's not that :)

Bath time!


We got many more good family photos but this is a little sneak peek that I keep cracking up over.
The elbow.

My dad sent me pictures of my book in Costco and then called me afterward so excited,
and it just melted my heart. He's so sweet, and it's so fun to have them there.
That was a big goal for me this year and I just love how excited my parents get for me.

Sweet Bennett, reading to sweet Asher. 


Camden LOVES the Christmas tree. I can't wait to take him on a Christmas lights drive this year.

Fresh from the bath!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis