Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter and Baby Squirrel

This week was windy! So windy that when Michael came out of work on Tuesday there was a little baby squirrel taking shelter by his wheel. He showed us a picture when he got home and we decided to all pile in the car and go check on the little guy.

He was still in the middle of the parking lot when we went back, and he ran right up to my ankles when I got out of the car. Then he ran right into the box we brought -- he was basically begging me to be his mother! So we brought the little guy home and began a lot of Googling.

We had lots of syringe feeds of puppy formula for the little guy and kept him in Kitty's carrier in our laundry room. The boys loved it. 

We had a great Easter weekend, with an egg hunt Saturday and a friend's birthday party after that, then the three older boys went with Michael to see Monster Trucks straight from there. Michael and I both got sick after that so the weekend turned into kind of a struggle but luckily the Easter Bunny brought some Paint by Sticker books and people were very entertained on Sunday.

I love Easter Sunday. Such a beautiful, happy, miraculous focus. 


Those legs are definitely chunking up.

He is so big. Coming up on 6 months and I can just hardly believe it.

Easter dinner! Potatoes are the star of the show because I only make those once a year, our kitchen is never more Mormon than that dish. And I still make Canadian bacon and call it ham but it's not ham. 

Always wanting to play daddy chase.

Eater bunny came!

The pictures uploaded backwards this week, but here's our squirrel getting some sun time once the days warmed up.

Sweet Asher bundled at the Easter egg hunt.











We loved loved using an egg spinner this year instead of dying.






Squirrel feeds. 
I syringe feed him in the morning, lunch time, afternoon, and before bed.
We warm up a rice pack for him to cuddle after each feeding,
and then give him a clean t shirt to burrow in. He seems happy!

Getting comfortable with us.

I volunteered in Westin's classroom the first time this week and I was loving seeing his pictures and work on the walls.

Sweetheart.

Sweet little guy loves cuddling the warm rice pack.



This was what met Michael after work by his tire.
When he got home we all decided to pile back in the car and go see if he had found a better spot to survive the windy cold day.
He was still in the very middle of the parking lot all alone.
When I got out of the car he ran right up to my ankle,
then ran right into the box I had. He needed a mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis