Sunday, August 14, 2022

Finishing Out Summer

 I can't believe this was our last week of our summer break!

On Monday we visited Kennecott Mine with my parents before they went back to Cedar City. It was so fun to see the HUGE equipment and learn about just how big the mine is. I had no idea you could see it from space.

On Tuesday we went to see the dinosaur gardens at Thanksgiving Point with Kindal and Rosie. Kindal and I had high hopes of getting a lot of things done together that day, but it was just impossible with our kids around. We love them very much. But it was really validating to me because sometimes I get frustrated that I don't get more things done on my creative side's to do list when my kids are around and our time together showed me that it just really isn't very possible without my kiddos being with someone else for a little bit. It was still so fun to hang out together though and we had a good long discussion that night that resulted in us changing one single word of our new book :) It's pretty incredible how much goes into the smallest details of projects to bring them to life.

Wednesday we drove back home, and the boys were champs. We stopped at Little America and had a good break together and filled everyone's bellies and let everyone run. Then we hit the road and made it the whole 5 hours home without stopping again! Stops are the hardest part of solo road trips, so it felt like such a quick and easy day, and also got us home 50 minutes ahead of when I thought we'd be there by. Michael made potstickers and salad and watermelon and we were happy to be home with him!!

We've been having some low key days since the trip as we gear up for school next week. Both boys got to meet their new teachers, see their new classrooms, find out which friends they'll be with, and they are looking forward to a fun new year. We start Tuesday and it really blows my mind to have a second grader and a kindergartener!

Saturday night we took pizza to the park and then went to the city pool for a school pool party, which was super fun for the boys. But after about 30 minutes there was lightning within 10 miles, which meant that the pool requires everyone to leave. They were bummed but it was still a fun night! And Westin loved his final flag football game that morning. I finally remembered to register him for fall sports through the city rec league rather than this other league that I've been doing since it fills up so much more slowly. But his new basketball league will be at his school and hopefully have some kids he knows in it, but it doesn't start until October. It'll be a good winter sports fix though.

Summer, you were good to us!
















I love seeing these brothers make Asher happy when he wakes up. He's got a good little set up in our closet. Someday Camden will move in with the other two boys and Asher will take over the crib but for now, we're happy doing what's working!

Cracks me up when Kitty takes a drink from the water table,
because before she jumps up there she tests out the water with her paw while on her two back legs,
so it just looks like she's playing at the table just like the boys do. Makes me laugh.

Flag football has been his favorite sport by far.
I'm not going to lie, I have high hopes for some soccer and basketball dedication in our future because those are the only sports I really like watching/am ok with -- football scares me! But it's too early to be too set on anything. We gotta figure out what sweet Benny would enjoy, too. He's not too into the sports scene right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis