Monday, September 12, 2022

First Haircut, First Camping + Grandparents Here

We had such a fun week with Grandma and Grandpa here.

They came to my Gospel Doctrine lesson on Sunday, and on Monday we went downtown to Walrus ice cream and walked around the splash pad area. I cut everyone's hair on their day off of school, and the next day was Grandpa's birthday! So fun to celebrate him. We had lasagna and pudding cake. He's always talking about wanting to have more lasagna traditions in life and I just wanted him to have that on his birthday because he's so great.

We cut Asher's hair for the first time, and it was semi-heartbreaking for me but he sure does look cute. We also had fun playing lots of games of Cover Your Assets. Then on Friday we took the family camping for the first time (for all of us together) and Asher had different plans. He cried and cried until I drove him home for the night and brought him back in the morning, so the boys would have some chance of getting some sleep.

I sure love my family. I know I'm in a sweet spot with their ages right now. 

Bro. Farr has been in our ward for a few months, and he somehow recognized me during one of my Sunday School lessons as someone he knew before -- turns out he was in my Salt Lake ward when I was 2 years old before moving to Cedar City. My dad was his Elders Quorum president when he got home from his mission. Fun that they were able to reconnect on the Farr's last Sunday when my parents were in town.


Cute little primary Bennett

I gave everyone haircuts on Monday and decided Asher should join the lineup for the first time. Cutting those cute little wings above his ears somehow added 8 months on his appearance and it made me so sad,
but he also looks very handsome. Cute boy.





I'm aware this looks 0% appetizing.
But two cheese enchiladas with rice and beans, after some chips and salsa, will forever be the greatest comfort food in the world to me.

We got to celebrate Grandpa's 74th birthday together!
Lasagna and pudding cake. Such a sweet person.


We took my parents on a tour of the Noosa dairy.
So fun seeing how they do things.











First full family camping trip. The boys were so excited to go.



Asher cried for a long while when I put him to bed, and when it got dark, I decided to just pack up and take off with him so that he didn't cry all night and keep all the boys up.



He was very happy to get in the car and get to his bed.

This one partied until about 11, couldn't handle the fun of sleeping right next to daddy.



We came back to the party in the morning, though :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis