Sunday, October 2, 2022

Conference & Celebrating Bennett

 Conference weekend in the fall is my faaaavorite.

And I love that it's now combined with celebrating Bennett. I remember sitting on the couch through those sessions of conference when I was 40 weeks pregnant with him, with a c-section scheduled for Monday morning. I remember zero talks. Just the feeling. And it's much better on this side of things :) He's such a joy to raise.

Bennett knew instantly what he wanted for all three birthday meals (which we had on Sunday since he'd be at school all day on his actual birthday), which was cinnamon rolls for breakfast, crepes for lunch, and pizza and salad for dinner, and chocolate molten cake for dessert. If we ate like it was Bennett's birthday every day we would have some problems. But we were here for it for Conference Sunday.

Our week was laid back, with some Halloween decorating that the boys just loved, some walks, some cooler weather, and Bennett got to go camping in a yurt with his dad for his birthday (I need to add those pictures in!) This year we opted to let the boys choose a night away with one parent or a birthday party, hallelujah for the night away choice. Westin and I stayed up watching Harry Potter 3 while they were gone and I let him sleep in Michael's spot which he absolutely loved. He's obsessed with our bed haha. Bennett and Michael saw some moose and had fun being outside in a cool spot together before coming home for conference.

Loves his Kitty.
Learning how to love her in a way that doesn't send her running away to hide.

This one lights up when he sees here, too.

Baby-Kitty interactions require close supervision.

We got some skeleton friends.
The boys wanted to watch a show with them and eat dinner with them before we set them up outside.

Meet Fred and George. And Westin.

We seriously underestimated how much we'd love having a swing set. They're the best!

Sweet Benny boy, such a good brother.

Asher's first "real" ride, closely supervised by Brooklyn.



This girl is such a joy to have around.

When you're just watching conference and your baby bites your toes.
This was so funny, totally unexpected and such a baby thing to do haha.

Serenading.

Conference felt pretty long on Saturday with this crew but I sure love the desire I feel to be closer to Jesus after those calming talks.

Someone found his brother's hat.

Not my best cinnamon roll turn out.
I've been using Kamut flour in place of all my white flour and this has been the only thing I haven't loved the result of, otherwise the substitution has been pretty great.
But I also let them rise too long I think, which made them kind of sink when cooled.
But we still shared them with friends because, a sunken cinnamon roll is still worth eating, amiright.

A walk between sessions to pick out each of our dream homes on Warren Lake.

Camden kept asking to watch this video of Bennett on their one-one-one camping trip and it made him laugh so much for some reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis