Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas 2022

Merry Chrismtas!

It has been so fun to have the boys home. One day in particular was my favorite -- we decorated cookies while watching the Muppet Christmas Carol and I had this overwhelming feeling of how wonderful it is to have four kiddos who are still kiddos. Still fully into the magic of Christmas, still up for anything, still so fun to do these little things with. I just loved it.

We all started getting sick again, which was a bummer. Asher first, then Camden, then I started coming down with it -- felt like the exact same thing that I had over Thanksgiving and I have to say I did not love being so sick while making both Thanksgiving and Christmas meals this year. I really hope this round doesn't last as long as last round. 

Santa brought some fun! Michael is ready for camping with a new cast iron dutch oven and some accessories for that, plus a new basketball. I have a nice new bundt pan that was very needed, and some other odds and ends I've been wanting. Westin loved getting a microscope from Grandma and Grandpa Daetwyler, and Bennett loved his ant farm from them, too. Camden was asking for a school bus for weeks leading up to Christmas and was stoked to find one on the tree. Bennett and Westin got some zip up bedding that I am more excited about than they are and that is just fine :) Plus I gave them some stars for their ceiling that glow, so they'll have some cozy nights ahead. I grew up with the same stars on my ceiling and I really, really loved them.

Church on Christmas Sunday is so wonderful. I really love when the calendar works out like that.

We had such a great Christmas together. A puppy is.... a lot. A lot a lot. But this is just a special stage even with all the chaos.

Luna + the snow is so funny.

Haha Benny boy. 

Christmas cookies while we watched the Muppet Christmas Carol!
This was one of my favorite moments all Christmas season.
Even when sprinkles were spilled all over the floor. I was in Christmas zen mode.
I wish I could keep that mode more often haha.



Our Christmas counter.
It's getting out of control.

These advents. They just love them.

His cousins gave him some cute Christmas pajamas!

Rudolph breakfast for Christmas Eve.


The eyes were just cracking me up. Like, this is exactly how moms feel Christmas morning, I think.

Christmas Eve bowling & awkward poses.

Decided to make them even more awkward haha.
Our kids were embarrassed of us. They really weren't though.

Fun to get out of the house on Christmas Eve!

Plates of food are rarely attractive but I like remembering our holiday meals.
We did salmon and shrimp on Christmas Eve and Tri-tip for Christmas dinner.

Tried a new Christmas breakfast, a cranberry orange Christmas star. This is pre-second raise.

Santa really nailed my stocking this year.

Santa came before 10pm this year which was my favorite Christmas miracle.

Pre-Santa...

Post-Santa.

Luna was the main thing under the tree this year, so had to get one with her.

Not the prettiest bake but this was fun! It looked better after powdered sugar.



To Puppy, from Bear (the Cannon's dog). So cute :)




This is at 9:28 and we got to church by 10:02, be impressed.


Christmas on Sunday is one of my absolute favorite things.

When Santa brings #4 a repeat toy and it's verrrrrry needed.
I so relate to this lawn mower.

Teaching Westin a favorite childhood game.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis