Monday, August 7, 2023

Mom & Kids Campout

This week we said goodbye to the van and it made it to Louisville the next day!

We spent our date night two weekends ago at the Kia dealership and we haven't even driven our new car since we drove it home that night. But now that the van is gone, we'll move into the Kia Carnival. If they had any moms on their marketing team I'd be driving a Kia Serenity. A Kia Solace. If our life is already such a circus, don't make us drive one! But it's great and we're grateful it's here! Cars are a long time coming these days, this one took almost a year.

I took the boys on a Mom and Kids campout this year, and that was.... I feel like I failed. Ha. But we did it. It was just so hard! Michael came down and ate dinner with us and took Asher home and from then on out it was really fun. He was just a lot to manage while trying to help everyone at the lake, set up camp, try to do dinner, wait out the rain... I just think 1 to 2.5 is a hard age. But SO CUTE. So cute. I love him. I love him more at home than camping :) :) :)

I hope the boys had fun. Sometimes when I do something that ends up stressing me out, I wonder which is better -- making the fun memories plus the stressed mom memories, or just skipping out on both! I hope they just mostly remember the good and that it's still the right thing to just do things that are out of my comfort zone. Four boys. Still blows my mind.

This weekend we did a city campfire where we learned about wolves and made s'mores, played with neighbors a lot, took Luna to a group dog class all together, made dinner for our sweet neighbors who have been hit with a tragic situation, and I loved teaching Sunday school about Paul and testimonies/ministering. 

Summer is flying. Just so so fast.

Goodbye, Honda! You were good to us! Except in Rawlins. 
#ifykyk

Luna after playing in the rain... silly dog.

She looks so tiny wet. She is almost full grown!

Kids kayak is always a huge hit.



Asher loves a good dirt day.


Waiting out the afternoon rain


Such a sweet boy


Oatmeal and ramen and even still I melted a little part of Michael's JetBoil, ha. 
I am not as outdoorsy as I attempt to be.

Michael took Asher on a date to a french bakery,
we thought he'd be in carb heaven but he hated it?
This is Michael making him try a chocolate croissant because that's who we are as parents.

Showing me things alllll the time :)

Garden harvest! Added these to a Greek salad. 

Bunny sighting. He's so into them.

City campfire talk + s'mores. The boys liked learning about wolves.

Dog training class. 
I laughed as we added a parade of children to this parade of dogs.


Neighborhood playtime turned into spontaneous neighborhood lunch time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis