Sunday, September 3, 2023

Surprising Grandpa!

 We had busy week days full of three Back to School Nights, a preschool open house for Camden, a doctor check up, soccer and football practices, piano lessons, Young Womens, a Relief Society activity, pickle ball date night with friends for Colby's birthday, and trying to get trip prepped.

Saturday we left bright and early (made it out the door at 6:20am, which I was very proud of... the goal was 5:30am but in my heart it was 6:15am, so all in all, not bad), and drove to Cedar City to meet my siblings to surprise my dad for his 75th.

My mom has kept this secret for months and it was so fun to pull it off. He knew my family was visiting because we needed a good reason to get him to keep a clear week and not have any bishopric or hospice work filling up his days. But he didn't know that my siblings were also bringing their families down and that we'd rented an airbnb in Hurricane to fit us all for a fun few days together.

My mom had my dad sitting on the porch with her once we were all ready to walk down the street together, and the grandkids held a cute little birthday banner. He was so surprised, and my mom was so happy to be done keeping the surprise, I think :)

We had pizza together, walked over to the Green Show that night, slept at my parent's house, and went to my parents ward all together that Sunday. Then that afternoon we headed to our airbnb together to start on a fun few days all in once place!

My two little sidekicks at the doctor's office.
They are just at a magic stage lately. I am just soaking them up.

Trying his best to be so big :)

Asked me to take a picture of him because he felt bigger after his check up :)

Our workout buddies.
Asher likes to jump and Camden likes to make unhelpful comments.
"Daddy, why are you going slow?"
Or my personal favorite:
"What's the matter daddy, are you tired or are your muscles just scared?"

Meeting his teacher and touring his classroom! He is so excited to start school after our trip.

Both of them loved that Camden's school has a cool lizard.

Picking out a new backpack!
Went with the dinosaurs quite quickly.

This little napper.
I'll never get tired of seeing my kids sweetly sleeping.

My sweet friend Larissa sent me a "blind date" book,
which is such a fun business idea.

Coloring super hero cards for grandpa while we wait for Westin to take his piano lesson.

Westin is a couple weeks in with a new teacher and he's doing really well.

Grand Junction road trip stop!
We've stopped at this park many times but this was the first time with Michael.

Met up with my siblings at the top of our street.
My mom had my dad come sit on the porch with her. 
Then we all paraded down together and surprised him :)

He was so shocked. We loved it.

Gang's all here!

Straight to the Green Show, complete with tarts.

Dancing cousins!


We went to my parents ward all together and we were a circus. But it was fun :)

Love being in Cedar City together and in my childhood home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis