Sunday, March 10, 2024

Moving! Well, Just New Floors.

We emptied our house this week like we were moving! It was so much work but it's going to feel like ultimate spring cleaning when we wipe everything down and get it all organized again.

New floors have been the top thing on my project list for a long time now. We have carpet and tile and wood all in the main level of our house, and making everything the same is going to feel really peaceful! The bottom line goal of every project I do is to add peace to my environment, because let me tell you, it takes constant effort to create that around here :) So now our garage is full and so is our basement, rooms are empty and they're three days into a hopefully 5-day project. We're doing everything except our bedrooms, so it's a big project. I've been painting new baseboards all week so that we can just toss our old ones when they come down and everything can match now. It's been a while since I spent naps and nights painting. Can't say I miss it but I can say that it's fun to listen to more audiobooks and podcasts than normal!

The highlight of my week was a book club on The Priesthood Power of Women, not necessarily because I liked the book (it was ok), but because I love. the women. around me. Michael had a dinner that night for work (so many lately!) and I ended up using our date night babysitter for the week on that night instead of the weekend because I decided I just really wanted to be there. And for three hours I spent time with women I just love and respect so much talking about the power of God in our lives and what our covenants mean to us and how we can live up to our potential. There has been a lot of pain and confusion in this topic for me ever since I received my endowment. Some parts have cleared up, some have gotten more confusing, some I have shelved and others I feel like I wrestle with weekly. In the end, I just find a comfort and strength in feeling solidarity with sisters who don't have the answers I don't have but have a beautiful faith. What a confusing world it can be sometimes. I'm so grateful to feel like we live in a place with SO many friendships that I learn from and gain strength from. 

Sweet Meg in our ward asked for me to come to her Battle of the Books competition because her mom was out of town and it was so fun to go cheer her on. She is such an angel and I just love her.

Removing this rug.... oh man. Feels like I just put it up!
It was 2.5 years ago, but still.

Banisters about to go.

We had a FREEZING Tuesday which was sad because that's our park day with friends,
but we braved it.

Asher giggled and giggled at this rolling slide.

Putting this runner down while 8.5 months pregnant was hard.
But it was NOTHING compared to how hard it was to take it out.
Painful on a variety of levels!

Mornings with this early riser are often my favorite part of the day.

This view will look different soon!

Four floors here... the old yellowish wood floor on the left, the new floor under Asher, the built up plywood under Michael, the old carpet still under the piano.
Construction zone living!

This view cracked me up.
What if we just left it like that.

They finished the kitchen the first day which was super appreciated.
Life without your main living space is hard, but life without your kitchen is almost impossible!

Imagination day at the library.
They had boxes for the kids to just go wild with.
Camden just wanted me to tell him every letter of every family member's name so he could write them all on his box.

Asher loved sticking every sticker on that he could find.




Lots of hiding out in the basement,
and they had to have a picnic lunch in the little bathroom because I didn't want them eating on the carpet haha.
Like I said, construction zone living is interesting!

Picnic dinners on the new floor while all the furniture is still in the garage!
Felt like the night we moved in. I kind of loved the dance floor more than the regular table and chairs.



Projects are always a domino effect.
Once I saw this closet empty it bothered me that I never got to painting this little area.
So, white it is.

And THEN once I saw my empty laundry room, I thought about how it really was the best time to just do the beadboard I've wanted to get done since we moved in. So I took out all my carseats and went and picked up the supplies at Lowes about 10 minutes before they closed.

Looking much more fresh!

We'll add this board and then trim it out and then paint it green.
Michael was a HUGE huge help with this project.

Um, these are dangerous.

Beadboard going up!

Last piece!
Cutting out holes for all the outlets and hook ups and whatnot is pretty tedious.
But once it's trimmed and caulked and painted it's going to look really cute!
I love this original wallpaper but always wanted this green beadboard to go with it.
It's been in my head since we moved in but just always felt so hard to empty everything out.

Never painted this window like my others either... time for white trim and black frames!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis