Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Coral & Controversy

I think it's time to turn down the controversy around here and look at my toilet. 

Let me clarify. This past week has been a little more emotionally draining than I anticipated after publicly throwing my opinion out into the wonderful world regarding women and the Priesthood in the LDS Church. And it has kind of left me tired and agreeing more than ever with the original post I linked to and this one, too. So, let's just take a break for a second and turn to a new controversy: our bathroom's recent late night makeover.

Coral and modern art. So many questions raised. Is it orange-y coral? Is it pink-y coral? What is that painting of? What did the artist want it to mean? Could Michael easily replicate the painting himself, as he declared when he first saw it? Does that mean it's not art? Should I have told Michael about any of these bathroom plans before they began? Before they ended? Would you be happier to use this bathroom now? Would you be too overwhelmed by color to use this bathroom now? Was starting the painting process at 9pm a mistake?

I don't know the answers to these questions. So many questions this week that I don't have answers to. And sometimes, that's ok. 

So without further ado, our toilet's new space:

It has significantly increased my happiness level when performing some of the more mundane tasks of life, such as cutting my bangs, curling my hair, putting on my make up while I'm half asleep, and...other stuff.

So, that was your tour of my half bathroom, which took all of eight seconds. Maybe I'll finally be finished decorating this little apartment of mine by the time our four years in it are over. 

Maybe.

P.S. Thanks to all of you who shared your opinion with me this week and helped form my own. I've had a lot of conversations, emails, texts (and ok yeah, that slightly obnoxious Facebook thread) and other messages that have been really enlightening and interesting. None of us have all the answers. But I do know one place that, while we may not get all our questions answered at this time, we WILL receive only truth. Straight up, inspired, from-God, truth. It's a much needed weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love both of those posts, and I think I am on the same page as those ladies, and you. I have avoided going on about it much because I feel like too many people get upset and defensive about it.

    I love the bathroom. Please come paint my house at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bathroom! I wish I had your talent with paint! :) I think political conversations should all be done while crocheting, right? ;) miss you! Wish we could crochet and paint together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bathroom! You have a talent with paint! I think all political conversations should be done while crocheting, right? ;) Miss my Indiana family! Wish we could crochet and paint together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what color can do! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis