Sunday, September 24, 2017

Finally into Fall

Michael:
Had a busy week and didn't see the boys for a few days in a row. Westin was pretty bummed. Michael was in San Diego for the weekend at a conference, and Westin kept saying "there's daddy!" every time we saw an airplane. On Sunday he took Westin on an adventure walk and they also harvested our first carrots in our garden. Michael is such a good dad. I'm so grateful my boys have him.

Maddie:
Spent a lot of time this week on a new social media/marketing side job and it made me SO so happy. I didn't realize how much I needed something like that. I also ordered some supplies for a new hobby I'm really excited about, but more on that after I get some practice! Basically I've just felt more myself this week than I have in a while, and I think some weird switch flips when babies are done with that first year. Bennett's birthday is next week (what??) and I feel like some mental change is happening in me with that. After writing that all out I feel a little crazy, but, there it is.

Westin:
Was really sweet to me this weekend, which I was grateful for since we didn't have dad around. He is cracking me up right now because he's obsessed (OBSESSED) with Taylor Swift's Look What You Made Me Do. He asks for it constantly in the car and I'm ready for some change there. His other frequent request is Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, so we keep going back and forth between those two songs in the car... it seriously just keeps me laughing. He loves reading books with us, loves hide and seek but yells to tell you where he is, could eat a million blueberries and all the applesauce I'd give him, plays a fake trombone as his signature dance move, loves to cook with me, and has started "reading" the books he has memorized out loud and I just love all of him.

Bennett:
Is almost one and I am just waiting for when I finally break down and cry about that, because I know it's coming. He goes to sleep like a pro. Sometimes wakes once in the night but is pretty much down to a morning and night feeding. I gave him cow's milk for the first time this week and he was ok with it. He hasn't had a bottle in a few months so I'm hoping milk in a cup is just an easy transition. I refer to him lately as my "magnetic monkey" because he is literally almost always crawling on me or toward me or giving me hugs. I love it and I wish I could always remember this stage perfectly. He has started semi-wrestling with Westin and they just laugh and laugh (until one or both cries, usually...) and it's my favorite. Until the crying :)







I'm trying to teach Westin that I don't want him in the bathroom with me. So. He opened the door and said "I'm not in the room, just here." Then proceeded to dance around and "doing some tricks, mama!" and he's just so funny. And gives me zero privacy in life, is this normal? I think it's normal. 



We snack all the way through 12:30 sacrament over here.



We made green eggs and ham because he's obsessed with the book lately. He repeats parts all the time and my favorite one is "Sam, if you will let me be, I will try them, you will see." He's always so sincerely frustrated with Sam in the way he says it and I love it.



Michael's drive by shot in San Diego.



Kitty came to our living room picnic but Westin didn't share any pizza. Only Michael is good at sharing with Kitty.



I let Westin choose what he wanted to do Friday night so we wouldn't miss dad too much, and he wanted pizza and Finding Dory. I was very much ok with that plan.



More from Michael's trip.



We had to repeat this school activity this week because Westin loved it so much and kept asking to do it again.





Sorry, Bennett. Still occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis