Sunday, September 3, 2017

All the Dogs

Michael:
Kept us busy with dog watching gigs over here this week. We had a Golden Doodle for a couple days and then an Australian Shepherd mix after that. The boys love it and it's fun for us at this stage since we're not ready for a full time dog, but we do love having one around. Kitty on the other hand, goes into hiding the whole time they are here. Bonus: she doesn't wake us up in the night to be let outside, and dogs and Bennett did a great job sleeping through the night. Those hours of sleep are way better compensation than our sitting fee. Michael also harvested grapes at our church's vineyard on Saturday morning. They'll be turned into raisins for humanitarian donations. He watched "Gifted" with me Saturday night for an at-home date night and we both liked it.

Maddie:
Functions at about 60% capacity when I'm overheated, so this week was a struggle with our temps around 110. I've got no patience for that nonsense once September hits. We cleaned the church together on Friday night and I had Bennett on my back in his carrier while cleaning windows. He just laid his head on me and I could practically hear him saying "dang mom, it's hot." We had Jamba Juice for dinner both Friday and Saturday because our bodies just don't want anything else by that point. I also played a ridiculous amount of Taylor Swift videos this week because I'm just a sucker for a contest and I just love her despite all you haters, so, that's full disclosure for you. 

Westin:
Enjoyed playschool this week, particularly calendar time and painting. He's got letters and colors down for sure but shapes and numbers need some more focus. He didn't love the constant love from the Golden Doodle puppy this week but he's really enjoyed the high energy Australian Shepherd. We've never seen a dog so good at frisbee. Westin thrives on routine. Which means I also thrive on routine right now because happy toddler, happy life, you know it's true. My favorite things he said this week:
"I've got a problem here." (Every time he had to walk around something on our walks.)
"I'm glad daddy doesn't work on Neighbor Day!" (I may make this interpretation the new way we celebrate Labor Day, such potential there.)
"His name isn't Bennett, it's Baby Bennett." (Correcting well-meaning church grandma.)

Bennett:
Loved the dogs and the dogs loved him. He'd let that Golden Doodle love on him all day but I could only stand for so much, someone's gotta advocate for the (fairly) immobile little guy. He seemed a little fussy one day while working on teeth 7 and 8, but teething has never been more than one hard day for him. And while we're on the topic of teeth 7 and 8, I'm ready to be done nursing over here. He's 11 months and big and happy and I'm ready to start that process. His scooty little army crawl warms my heart and motivates my vacuuming/sweeping/mopping game. He's waking up around 4:30 or 5:00 and sleeping until 6:30 after that. He's pure sweetness and I love this stage. 


Westin walked a mile with us without the stroller and I just feel like he's getting so big.

I love, love this legitimate laugh while watching Little Einstein's. I just laughed while he laughed.

He grabbed my comb and mirror and started doing his own new do.

Preschool artwork

Sometimes Bennett looks so much like a happy little E.T. and I just love it. I hope he phones home often.

I asked him to be my baby forever during this little cuddle and I think he almost would if he could, he's that sweet. 

Turning numbers into concepts instead of memorization.

Color concentration.

Sammie the Golden Doodle. These two are the exact same age.


My cousin sent me this picture of our kids from my reunion a couple weeks back and it melts my heart. She really wanted to "hold the baby!" and the sizing here is just really great.







My dad draws the best doodles and Westin loves them. This one is of Westin chasing Little Blue Truck down the driveway. He takes it everywhere.

The extent I have babyproofed my house: moved this picture up a shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis