Monday, April 9, 2018

Introducing Mr. T

Michael:
Started his sleep medicine rotation and it's been wonderful. It's regular weekday hours, the clinic is close to our house, and he's even been home for lunch most days. Feeling super lucky with this rotation... too bad it's only two weeks long :) He gets the boys ready for church on the weeks I go early for ward council and when the three of them walk in together and come sit by me my heart just bursts. They're the best boys and they are mine!

Maddie:
was hesitant to bring another thing alive around here that I'm responsible for keeping alive but... we have a new little creature around. Mr. T is a box turtle that a family in our ward passed down to us. He has a little home on the side of our backyard and he's going to be a fun low key little guy to have around. We had a fun week with more time together as a family and I went to a couple High classes. Fresno spring is so beautiful and we are loving it.

Westin:
loved going to pick up our box turtle and collecting eggs from their chickens, too. He has so much fun over there when I teach their kids piano lessons. He has started singing a lot of the songs from library story time at home, and he looks forward to Friday preschool so much every week. Getting a turtle was all he could talk about today until we picked up Mr. T. He had to go potty during his Sunday school class today and the whole time I helped him he was saying, "I gotta get back, I'm missing Sunbeams!" Over the last three weeks I have really felt like we are on the downhill slide of Westin's peak terrible toddler stage. He has been so much sweeter and having so much fun at all of our outings each week. Of course he still has his toddler moments, but overall I just feel like we are in a much better place than we were a few months ago.

Bennett:
is still a muffin. He had a check up at the pediatrician this week and he's a happy, healthy boy! He's in the 85th percentile for weight, 50th percentile for height, and 98th percentile for head size. Smart kid :) He seemed pretty affected by his shots this time around. He slept soo much during his nap that day and again that night. We had preschool at our house the next day at 9:30 and Bennett barely woke up before the crew was there. I love that he's still a mama's boy and still likes to cuddle when he's tired or overwhelmed. My kids have my heart!

Bennett has such a love for animals! He was insanely happy during a pet store trip this week,
and he was enthralled by our new little turtle.


I'm grateful these boys love smoothies. I feel less guilty about pizza night when I start them out with a green smoothie.

Home Depot project day! We've got a little bird house that's move-in ready.

He loves his daddy so much.

I had this moment this weekend when I realized my ideal Friday night is cross stitching and watching The Great British Baking Show and I don't know when my life became like this. But I don't hate it.

We had a... faucet situation this week (Emma... :) :) :)) So right now our kitchen hose lives inside during the day.
For hopefully just a few more days!

Preschool crew! All about the letter J.

J is for Jesus!

This sweetheart!


Bennett was dad's helper during our faucet switch.

Not the most flattering picture here but we love everyone at Dr. Van Beever's office!

Our favorite tree! These blossoms are so gorgeous. We've been going on 45-60 minute walks every day and I'll be so sad when it's too hot for that.

Bennett gets used to story time on my lap, and then eventually slides down and finds his brother in the crowd, then sits down right by him. I love watching them be two big kids together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis