Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

Today I have been reflecting on women helping women, no matter what roles and titles and relationships might be. Yesterday a sweet sister brought us dinner for today so that we could all spend time together instead of make dinner on Mother's Day. She's recently widowed and has not slowed down in her service to others at all. Another friend brought me flowers and treats yesterday morning. She isn't a mom yet but loves my boys and helps so many families. Another friend brought her family over for dinner last night, bringing a bottle of chocolate milk which represents all of our late nights "drinking" away our freshman year of college together. (If there's anything more BYU than that, I don't know what it is.) We watched our kids play together all night and talked and laughed and I felt so grateful for our years of friendship.

At the end of the day I just kept reflecting on how much women need each other. I couldn't do motherhood without my sister. I wouldn't be the same person without my mom. Michael's sisters and mom are beyond wonderful. My brother married an angel. And I have always felt strongly that the friends I make in this life are as forever as family is. I am so grateful for the example of other women and for the way we can lift each other up. Because life really is hard for everyone. No one gets a pass. But we help each other deal.

Michael:
Worked a lot in our garden this week. He builds the best lego and magnet creations. Westin asks him to bring home snacks every morning when he leaves for work. He helps me so much at home during these lighter rotations. We're so lucky to have Michael!

Maddie:
was a little off this week because our weekly routine is kind of shaking up for summer. I signed Westin up for swimming lessons in July, which is the first thing I've ever "signed him up" for. He's getting so big. Michael had to work late on Thursday so I had my babysitter come over during my scripture class. We're studying Isaiah and I am learning so much. I loved going to Relief Society today while young men and elders ran the primary. Michael made crepes for breakfast. My sister and I finished our health challenge at 100% and it was WORK for us both, and we're happy for a break.

Westin:
loves to build legos and magnets with daddy. He loves that Bennett now has a Little Red Truck that's the same as his Little Blue Truck, and will always hand it to Bennett when he finds it around the house. He loves to cook and helped me make a celebratory cheesecake after my health challenge. He looks so much bigger these days. My favorite things he says right now is "I gave you my echo!" when he hears his voice echo, and "I'm so exciting for daddy to come home!" Always "so exciting" for everything that makes him happy.

Bennett:
has a heart of pure, beautiful gold. We were Facetiming Ali this week when I handed Bennett a raspberry and he ran across the kitchen and chucked his binky to the ground on the way to come eat his snack. She laughed so much and it reminded me to stop and see the funny and cute in my days. Bennett has almost stopped cuddling me after his naps, but for Mother's Day he just barely cuddled me for 20 minutes when he woke up. Best present he could have given me. I love these boys!

Preschool with friends is Westin's favorite part of the week.





Sweet Emily and her girls.

Rosie is the most patient dog.

We tried a new Mexican restaurant and Bennett was ALL about this meal.
He ate so much! With such passion for eating haha. I love this boy.

"M is for Mustache" at preschool.


Cutest find at Costco.

This little Kalia girl... was a high maintenance little pup. But she rolls over better than any other.


Westin and I went on an adventure to touch the school bus he always loves seeing on our drive home.


Bennett and suckers are a very messy experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis