Sunday, August 25, 2019

Oh Change.

This week felt like such a big change! Saying goodbye to grandparents and starting school really shifted things around here.

Camden:
Slept seven hours a couple nights ago! And the fact that it was from 10:05 to 5:05 was such a tender mercy. Because waking up for the first time that night to the number 5 (instead of the regular 1, or 2, or anything really) felt like I had slept an eternity. 5:05. It was glorious. I even went to bed at 10:30 after putting him down, so, winning! Not all our nights were this glorious but that one was. He's starting to grow out of his little newborn onesies and it makes me sad! But also, it would make me sad if he wasn't growing. So... things are fine. He has smiled at me a little a few times this week -- actual interaction smiles and not just those little faces babies randomly make from day one. And those smiles are my favorite moments from the week!

Bennett:
Always my softy. He loved having Grandma and Grandpa Daetwyler here. We all did! He was a little worried about leaving Westin at school the first couple times we dropped him off, but he picked it up pretty quick. He went with Grandma and Grandpa to the grocery store one day and picked out some minion cupcakes to share with Westin, and was pretty excited about that! Today was his first day sleeping in Westin's room for his nap, and they'll share a room tonight for the first time. I hope it's a good thing! I just feel like we're losing all the pieces of our old routine and it's hard for me. I think I kind of survive motherhood by being a control freak, and change makes that hard. But for the record, I think it's a healthy kind of control freak. :)

Westin:
Was a little nervous to start school this week. After his first day he said he wanted to go back to his old school, and he hasn't really been more excited about it as the week has gone on. We'll give him some time to adjust and see how he feels. I keep telling him he can do school at home with mommy or go to school with his new friends, and he wants to be going to school. But hopefully he likes it more soon! 

Maddie:
Is kind of hating the new school routine. I am just uneasy when Westin's gone and the drop offs and pick ups change our routine so much. If he loves it I'll be all in. If he doesn't, I'll be happy to change things up. I'm feeling kind of claustrophobic with newborn baby life this week, which I've been kind of waiting for the ball to drop there. He's a cutie and I love my boys. We're just all thrown off this week for sure. I stayed home from church with Camden for my last baby day. I know that this week is back into things and next weekend will be back to church and primary life and jumping back into things. So I really soaked up today and I've been a little weepy as I try to find the motivation to kick things back into gear.

Michael:
Changes all around except for Michael. Still the same routine for him. Maybe he's jealous of all our changes because I don't think residency is his preferred form of consistency in life, but, the grass is always greener :) On Saturday he took the older two boys to the zoo, and took them swimming that evening at a ward member's house. They were so excited to have daddy home this weekend. His parents were so, so nice to come see us from Kentucky. Westin and Bennett had so much fun with them, and they were so kind to help us out. We're feeling super grateful for both our families this month.

They love watching videos with grandpa. Particularly of people jumping over bulls.
Hopefully they're not getting any ideas... :) 
The splash pad came on when we went to the donut shop and then to Todd Beamer park.
The boys were super excited to get all wet before we went home to get ready for school.



Our neighbors had some trees cut down and grandpa and the boys were pretty entertained.

First day! Looking so big.

Lined up for TK

Those minion cupcakes. Some strong food coloring going on there.
If you want the full details, that blue went straight through those boys,
and they thought that was just about the coolest thing ever.
Too detailed? Maybe. But this is my life right now.

Add caption


I ask Bennett to bring me a diaper for him before naps and bed.
He thought this was a pretty clever way to wear it.

A little more awake these days! Still not sure what color those eyes will be but I think I'm betting on brown.





Three boys on the move.

I was feeling pretty good about getting a healthy dinner on the table on one of our first days alone.
But let's be real, that's only because my parents left Costco salmon in my freezer and squash in my fridge.
Easy meals for the win.

These boys love their chatbooks!


Cookies and milk after school. Just feels like the right thing to do.


Swimming at Billy Jack's! Bennett loved this little statue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis