Sunday, June 20, 2021

Kids Camp & Father's Day!

This week the older two spent the mornings at a neighborhood Kids Camp that their cute babysitters put on. They LOVED it. Each day was decade themed, and they did different activities, stations, games, projects all centered on that theme. They loved making homemade lava lamps, panning for gold, tie dying t-shirts, eating lunch with friends, playing Kick the Can, and just having fun with neighbors every day.

Camen and I dropped our van off on Monday to get all ready to go for our summer road tripping, and it needed a part that was going to take 8 days. Luckily it came in 4 but it still meant no car all week until finally I just installed his baby car seat back into the Corolla and Michael biked to work so we could get some errands done. 

One of my sweet children dropped my watch this week and it shattered, which is my first time having any screen of all my Apple products shatter. Soo that was a hard moment all around and if you could see the tan line left by not wearing my watch, you'd know it really bugs me to not know what time it is. So I got myself an early birthday present that I wasn't planning on needing and that's that... I really want to teach my children that things are not important and that it's really important to take good care of things. And sometimes that balance feels so impossible.

Bennett has a speech therapist from his school that we're working with over the summer and she is so great. He loves his hour with her a couple times a week and I'm sad that we both have vacations coming up so he won't see her for a bit. He's still making progress, still has lots to make, and she said he engages more and works harder than any preschooler she's met. He's a total sweetheart and we just want to do all we can to understand him more. 

Camden is not loving nursery, so we are still in there with him. But three weeks in so hopefully he's getting somewhat used to it! The boys are loving primary, and I am loving 90-minute church. I honestly look back on three-hour church with me and a potty training toddler and a nursing baby and a husband who was usually at the hospital and I just think, how. Those were hard weeks and church was so overwhelming to me. Looking back on it is teaching me the importance of really recognizing what you. need in the now, rather than being consumed by expectations or habits that are not healthy for current circumstances. But I'm grateful we have Michael with us every week now and that things feel different.

You know we had blueberry coffee cake today! The only meal Michael has seconds and thirds of, basically ever. Happy Father's Day to the very best dad that we are so lucky to call ours!! 

Tired eyes after sleeping in after camping weekend!

Lunch at Kids Camp

"Panning for gold" on Western Day


We watched some friends this week for a bit and Camden does NOT know how to share. His third child/natural personality/Covid consequences all combine to make him kind of.... just.....
we'll work on it :)




Home from Kids Camp covered in stickers

Camden finds me when I take breaks during the day and assumes my same position.
I love him for it.

Tie Dying at Kids Camp



Our Amish nightstands make me so happy!
Feels like a piece of Indiana. They just got here this week after a while of waiting,
and it was so fun to see what we designed in person. We wanted three drawers instead of two even though this design didn't come with that but they said it would work fine, so I was relieved to see they totally work.

Zoom in on that lounging squirrel who watched us enviously while we ate our lunch at the park Saturday. He was so cute.

We picked up Raising Cane's on Saturday to see what all the hype is about and ate chicken tenders at the park. The boys loved exploring the little stream there.

 
Sweet dad, living Father's Day like he lives every day -- as the major favorite who never gets left alone when he's around these cute boys. We are so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis