Sunday, February 27, 2022

A Cold, Low Key Week

We had a cooooooold week, some mornings our walk-turned-short-drive to school was 0 degrees with single-digit highs. Brrr. But next week we're hitting 65 so, we'll survive.

We've just been so consumed with news and following Ukraine this week. Westin picks up on so much conversation now and his wheels are always turning turning as he has to learn that there are just mean people in the world who cause a lot of pain. I am so amazed by the Ukrainian people and all they're doing to fight for their country. 

Westin is a huge helper and LOVED starting Harry Potter this week. Bennett is an angel and has a hard time when someone makes him sad, we had a hard episode at a playgroup this week and it made me so sad for him. Camden is such a goofball and we're all obsessed with him, and he went to nursery by himself for the FIRST time today!! Asher is hitting the four month hard times but I just am expecting it this round so it makes it easier. That four month is just a rough go of things and then we transition to falling asleep awake and longer stretches becoming more consistent. Eyes on April but he's a sweetie until then and we're ok :) 

We ate at a restaurant for the first time as a family of 6 this weekend, went to a pizza place at 4pm to keep things easy haha. It went pretty well! I want my boys to be good at that and they really did great all things considered. I took all four boys to Westin's basketball practice and game on Saturday because Michael was on call. Camden sat by me for 90 min with a car to play with, Bennett sat on my other side content, and Asher bounced on my lap happy that whole time. For 90 minutes. I feel like I had the hardest time lasting of the four of us because my back feels like an old woman's back some days but, we all made it haha. 

And now we're off to make Snickerdoodles today and find something National Geographic to watch. Love these boys.

Cuties always coloring


Our mudroom cabinet came! I ordered this 6 months ago and we have been anxiously waiting for it through all of our winter clothes chaos around here.

Now I can take down this hook behind our door where the kids coats and backpacks kept ending up,
which makes no functional sense. It was always a lot of smashing each other and not being able to open the door all the way.

Just gotta find baskets. The laundry room lighting is super yellow.
And in my House Painting of 2020 I never did get to this room and its original 80s wallpaper.
Honestly, I don't hate it. And I'm tired :)

Someone was playing with mom's phone and I think I know who.

I love this kid. Such a little buddy lately.


Cutie Camden.

New ward new playgroup!
Camden's nursery leader had a bunch of us over for lunch and she seems so sweet to try to get him used to her and not be such a nursery struggler.

Bennett wanted me to take a picture of his palm tree!

Musical Saturday afternoon




He thinks he's hiding from bedtime :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis