Sunday, February 20, 2022

Asher's First Big Weekend

Happy Valentine's Day!

We woke up Monday to heart-shaped raspberry rolls and some Valentine's treats, and the book Heartprints. It's such a cute book reminding kids that the little kind things they do are not little. Then that night we had heart-shaped pizza for dinner. 

The boys took bug-themed Valentine's to school and they were so excited to bring home their Valentine cards. Bennett loves a little Abby in his class -- he chose "the very most beautiful bug" for her and when he opened her Valentine he said, "Oh wow, she really loves me." So adorable.

I worked more on my pantry shelves this week -- clamped them to my patio table and cut them lengthwise with my jigsaw since we're still not a table saw household and probably never will be (see: Michael's finger episode, December 2011). But it worked great! I did the same thing for my picture ledge, but I wish I had a neighbor friend with a table saw... but it worked. Then started the process of layering stains and polycrylic layers and painting the trim and support pieces white.

This weekend Asher had his first big social life, with a game night with couples from our new ward on Saturday, and then his first Sunday at church the next morning. Camden still wouldn't do nursery by himself but I think he will soon, he has a cute crew in there! Then we came home from church and immediately took Asher to Michael's assistant's wedding just north of Fort Collins. It was beautiful and fun to see such a happy event after events being cancelled for so long. The boys were stoked to play with a babysitter for a few hours that day -- we opted to not take all four and I do not regret this decision. Asher was exhausted and had one of those blow outs that only happen when you're not at home, BUT it was all a success and he's such a sweetie. I can feel his newbornness slipping away.

We had some more snow dump this week and we're getting a little bit over that! But March feels close. But we also get lots of snow in March haha. But mentally it feels like a milestone.




Cute little coat rack came, to make up for the fact that I got rid of our entryway coat closet.

Heart pizza for dinner



They have watched any and all episodes of all things Spirit. 
Westin's ready to be a cowboy.

Cutest package from cute Kindal and Rosie.
Westin held those "create your own books" and said,
"I've needed these my WHOLE life!"

I cross stitched for the first time in over a year and forgot how much I really do love slowing down for a minute and just creating something cute! I added Baby Banks in with the Ryan crew and he just definitely belongs there. Love this family.

Plywood getting ready to be trimmed down.

Zonked out at the wedding.
Just before he pooped all over both of us :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis