Sunday, April 21, 2024

Back Home and Miner Time

Back home from what felt like two different trips!

Our Indy time and Northern Indiana time were really fun days. We loved showing our boys where we used to live. They also really loved their quick day in Chicago before we went home. 

We made it to church after getting home and then picked up our Luna girl. She really loves staying at the couple's house we found on Rover. On Monday I took Westin on a mystery shop date to Texas Roadhouse and that cute boy consumed more calories than I've ever witnessed him eat. A steak, mashed potatoes, four rolls, a caesar salad, 90% of my green beans, most of a raspberry lemonade, and a bowl of corn. And I think he would've gone for more rolls if they'd been around. When these boys hit growth spurts their eating is just amazing to me haha. I love it.

We started soccer, which, I don't know if that was a smart thing. These boys are going to miss half their practices and games this season and Westin is hitting the age where a lot of his friends are starting to ditch the rec league and join the traveling, competitive league. But it's still good for them to get out on a field with their friends during the week and be part of a team. 

I was in charge of combined Young Mens/Young Womens this week and I put together a photo scavenger hunt for the youth to do in groups of 3. They had fun and were good sports. I loved gathering random facts from all the leaders for part of the scavenger hunt and watching the youth guess which fact belonged to who.

On Friday night the Miners arrived! Yay! We're so happy when cousins are around. And we were happy to have a full weekend to play with Jaren before Michael takes his wisdom teeth out Monday morning. I've become very good at serving guests soft foods! The boys' soccer games were canceled due to weirdly cold temperatures this weekend so we mostly just hung around home, but the girls did all go to one of my Young Women's school plays on Saturday night. She was Ariel in The Little Mermaid and little Julia loved watching it.

Then on Sunday Michael and I had our 12th anniversary. A dozen years married! I thought last year was 12 and didn't learn it was 11 until like the day of the anniversary so I can't lie, 12 felt a little anticlimactic this year. I thought we'd been there, done that! We didn't get a date in this year or even a picture, life is crazy with four boys + cousins around. But maybe for lucky 13 :)

Picking up Luna after our trip!
She's a loved pup!

Swinging after a bike ride looks extra cautious :)

Tied together to make a train. They do hundreds of laps a day on our deck.

I took Westin on a date to a Texas Roadhouse mystery shop and this cute dude ate more calories than I've ever seen him eat. Growing boys around here!

 
Miners are here! Brownies at the playground on a Sunday night.


Oatmeal before church with cousins.

We had a rainy Saturday to work with so we played some Slamm-o in the gym and just ran around.

Friday night dinner when they rolled into town! We love these people so much!
Some of them had a better visit than others... Poor Jaren lost four wisdom teeth this visit and didn't really get to enjoy his time like the rest of us.

Overachieving sourdough starter.

Before the Miners rolled into town we went to the Children's Museum in Denver with friends on Friday, because school was out. It was so crowded but still so fun!

The boys really love layering paint on this car.



Joseph is tired behind the wheel.

Camden could probably stay at the firetruck the whole day!


Finally getting around to painting my stair risers since our flooring project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis