Sunday, September 15, 2024

A BYU Birthday

We have four really cute boys. They're so fun right now! I loved this week with them.

Monday we did trivia night again with some different friends than last week. I think it's so much fun. I went on a walk along my favorite trail with Diane on Tuesday and it was so good to catch up. The boys went bowling that night for activity days and they were totally looking forward to that.

Thursday I hosted book club, which had me reflecting on how many house projects we've done! I hosted over a year ago in a different room of the house with no ceiling lights, hardly any furniture, holes in the walls and ceiling from electrical work, different floors... we've changed so much the past four years and it feels much more homey to us around here.

Saturday was my football-themed birthday! Michael was sick that day, which was a real bummer all around. I felt bad for him, so annoying to be sick on a day with fun plans. I went to High with my friend Lindsey who was so sweet to pick me up with flowers and toffee. Michael made omelettes for a late breakfast/early lunch, and then we went to Westin's flag football game. I told him to try to get a pick six for my birthday and he did it! His first touchdown, he was so stoked. 

We had some down time that afternoon and I prepped our car with snacks and waters and blankets and jackets to head up to Laramie for the BYU-Wyoming game. We were a little worried about taking the kids up there with the reputation of Wyoming fans, but we just went for it and it was really fine. Just a couple choice words yelled at us right when we started walking toward the stadium haha, but then a smooth night after that. 

Westin was so thrilled to meet Jimmer! I spotted his family when we were getting a drink from the drinking fountain at halftime so Westin hung around to catch a sighting of Jimmer, and then was brave and asked him if he could take a picture with him. He was so nice to everyone there who was wanting a photo with him. Westin also just loved yelling "FIRST DOWN!" with the crowd led by a super dedicated fan that was giving a totally enthusiastic "AND THAT'S ANOTHER COUGAR..." after every first down. Westin thought that was so fun and loved seeing us sing the fight song after every touchdown. "How do you know the words to this song?!" Haha he's such a football fan. It was a happy game to watch, too, and he loved staying after to see the players run out and even got to give Cosmo a high five.

Sunday Michael was still feeling pretty sick so we couldn't do dinner with the Dimonds and just had a low key Sunday. But I had a teacher council meeting during second hour of church about loving those you teach, and I thought it was such a wonderful meeting. I really love the people in my ward.

Such frequent nose injuries for this little biker...


Wearing his Halloween costume already. Do we think this means he'll be over it by late October and asking to be something else? Most likely.

Taking the trash out.
:) Our city is consolidating trash services so we got some shiny new trash cans and Westin wanted to test them out.

My favorite part of our apple tree is the leaf shadows.
I just love the way sunlight turns them red and the leaves shade them from that!

Asher loves Dear Zoo and Road Builders right now, over and over.
And Pizza Mouse. I love their favorite book stages.

First day of soccer!
I brought Asher's chair hoping it would buy me some peace and he sat so happily the WHOLE hour, apart from when he was Camden's water boy and handed him his water bottle at every break :)

Camden and his buddy Benjamin are ready for a new season of soccer!



We're going to miss Teresa this school year while she's traveling.




BYU ready!


Such a fun game. The 93-yard run was a happy moment and I loved watching Westin yell, "First down!"


Jimmer!!!!

I loved this lesson about "Loving those you Teach."

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis