Monday, May 10, 2010

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Sundays (not church days, remember) are usually free days, so this week we decided to have a beach day in Tel Aviv. It was so much fun, I haven't had a warm sunny day at the beach in a while! Boston beaches were fun, don't get me wrong, but there's something about actually getting in the water that really adds to the experience.

After swimming, then laying on the beach, then swimming, then laying on the beach, then swimming...we decided to explore. Tel Aviv has awesome playgrounds that totally put America's to shame. Their awesomeness was somewhere between city parks and Lagoon. The swing I took this picture from was basically a banana chair in motion. I didn't want to get out of it.

This was my favorite attraction at the park, which is saying something. You can get that rope swinging from side to side pretty good after a while. We were really impressed with ourselves until we looked at the next playground over and saw a man going higher than we were, all by himself... Most of the park equipment was just glorified versions of exercise machines -- I think America would stop getting fatter if we just put more fun stuff outside.

And this is where we spent 84% of the day. I already miss it. We definitely stood out a little--a huge group of twenty-somethings all in one-piece swimming suits, and laughing harder than anyone else on the beach. We kept making new friends with people that would stop and ask us what we were laughing at. An old man randomly joined in some of our water games out in the ocean, which had us laughing even more.

I waited all day to watch the sunset, but then I accidentally missed it. I was distracted by my delicious shawarma. Next time, next time. It was a wonderfully relaxing day overall, and I'm already excited to go back. Plus it was fun to show my knees all day, they don't understand why I'm not wearing my shorts. I don't have the heart to tell them I won't be wearing them all summer...

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post. The part I thought about the most was the shawarma. Mmmm. Brings back memories of the shawarma shops in Denmark. I spent my fair share of Danish crowns on those. That other stuff sounded fun as well though.

    Logan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis