Monday, June 27, 2011

Making My Mother Proud.

I don't know how everything in DC is free, but that's pretty much true. 

The Kennedy Center has a free concert EVERY day of the year at 6 pm. Even Christmas. That blows my mind.



It's just a short walk from the Barlow Center, so great. And if the walk isn't short enough for you, you can take the free shuttle there. Seriously, who pays for all this stuff? Ok in this case I'm going to guess the Kennedy's, but you get my point.

Remember these guys?


Ok Go! That's who came to play for the Kennedy Center's 14th birthday this week! They were so much fun to see, in case you can't already figure that out based on the large amounts of confetti in the picture below.


They were crazy. But cool. Not really crazy cool, though.

Another favorite freebie is just down the street: Sprinkles Cupcakes. You guys, so good.

I moved into the middle of a cupcake battle here in Georgetown, but didn't think anything of it because I've never even liked cupcakes. Then we found out that Sprinkles sends a code word out on Twitter every day, and if you go whisper it you get a free cupcake. Free! Even non-cupcake people can't pass that up.

So I went. And I love them. And I want them every day. 


I hate that their advertising campaign totally worked on me.

This is also why none of us have chosen to weigh ourselves since we moved here. If calories are free, they don't really count, right?

Plus I just love the walk through Georgetown to get my cupcake fix -- we always see lots of free fireflies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis