Sunday, August 13, 2017

Pismo Trip

Michael:
Spent his last few days living the bachelor life. He went on a six-mile hike last weekend and sent us some pictures of a really pretty lake. He got caught in some hail on the way back but had a good time discovering a new place. We were so happy to see him again Thursday! He took me on a date Friday to a fun dinner with live music and then to see Dunkirk. That show was heavy but so good to see.

Maddie:
Had a fun few days in Cedar City. I took Westin to the Green Show multiple times before leaving and I loved watching him watch it. We made the drive back Thursday morning at 4am again, but this time with my mom! It was so nice of her to come with us and be here this week. We all went to Pismo together Saturday and it was a perfect day trip. It really exceeded my expectations. We saw whales, dolphins, seals, otters, a beautiful beach, so many pelicans, ate delicious clam chowder bread bowls, and spent the day outside in perfect coastal weather. I really, really loved our day there.

Westin:
Was over the moon to see his dad. He didn't sleep at all on our drive home from Cedar City, but we made such good time that it wasn't even bad. We made it to Fresno by 1:30, and then all four of us took a nap :) He also loved our weekend day trip to Pismo and I think his favorite part was having dad in the backseat with him for the 2.5 hour drive there and back.

Bennett:
is a dreamy baby and I'm so grateful for how well he travels. He never complained once in Pismo during all his carseat and stroller time. He just loves being with the people that love him. And I think he thinks everyone loves him. :) Now that we're back home he is back to only waking up once at night, which I'm grateful for. He still doesn't crawl, but he seems close to getting it.

Michael's solo adventure in the truck with no AC. Brave man.

Beautiful spots to find around here!

Pismo Beach

Loved having my mom in Pismo with us! 
This boy has such big love for his daddy.







You guys, these chairs. I could have slept here for hours (if you watched my kids for me).

Seriously, we need to own one of these someday.

Bennett loved the chair SO much. Look at that face and position -- he was cracking us up.

I left him sitting with some toys and came back to this at my parents house... he never complained so finding him like this was a funny surprise.

Zoolander band-aid face. That band-aid lasted about an hour. Westin would go two minutes before crying about it again so finally it just had to go. I thought kids wanted band-aids?

Loves his grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis