Sunday, August 27, 2017

Yosemite

Michael:
is enjoying his plastics rotation and we like having him home at a better time a few times a week. We went to Yosemite all together on Saturday. We are just a couple hours from there but we hadn't taken a trip yet. We packed up our boys and our bikes and had a great day exploring the valley. Next time we go we will do more hiking, but this was a good first trip to just explore on our bikes and do a short walk on the lower Yosemite falls trail.

Maddie:
had a slow week. Fresno temperatures and post-summer plans have left me in kind of a funk but I'm figuring it out. We spent time at the library this week a couple times and that was fun. Also the Walmart near me started offering grocery pick up, and that has most definitely changed my life. Every time I remember we need something, I add it on the app, then after my list adds up I can just go to their pick up zone and they bring out the groceries. That felt like a straight up ad, but really I just cannot describe how happy it makes me to not grocery shop right now. We will still have our fun Trader Joe's and Costco trips, but adding these Walmart pickups in between is going to make me really happy. 

Westin:
is a fun little buddy but we're trying to figure out how to parent his temper. He sure is smart and I'm having fun doing some more structured play and learning activities with him. It's so fun to see your kids learn things. He's obsessed with trucks and trains and airplanes still. His little blue truck is constantly in his hand, and he has about 6 toys that MUST be in his crib for all nights and nap times. He still refuses to vacate the crib for the toddler bed. He's been sleeping 8pm to 6ish and still takes a 3-hour nap each day.

Bennett:
slept through the night multiple times this week! And sometimes he woke up once around 4 or 5, then went back to bed. I'm so happy he's sleeping so well. He is still in our closet, and the darkness seems to really help him, so I sometimes worry when he moves into the boys room if he'll have a hard time without pitch black. He eats more than Westin eats, and loves everything I've ever given him. He wasn't too sure about oatmeal the first time, but after I added some applesauce he was sold. He still seems like the most tender little soul, and such a chill little person. I love my boys so much. 


I'm kind of obsessed with these photobombs. 












Bennett is such an angel in the Ergo. He has never once cried in the Ergo and is fine taking a nap like that. It's so sweet.


Now that he's got a scoot going (still not a crawl) he's always up in Kitty's business. She's losing patience.


I just think it's so funny when he just leaves the room we're all in. Up until now he has just always been where we put him, so it's so cute to just see him use his own opinion about things.


Bennett is not a fan of the vacuum, so this is how we roll during that chore. Westin runs from room to room to room the whole time and gets super hyper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis