Sunday, August 20, 2017

Back to Routine

Michael:
Had another good week on his plastics rotation. He has weekends off during this rotation and just a couple late nights a week, the schedule has been a good change. We went in a mini date running errands Friday night and I loved being alone with him out of the house. That is a rare occurrence around here! But we've made a goal to do a date out of the house every other weekend, and dates at home the other weekends. We have just not been good at date nights in residency and I'm excited to prioritize that more.

Maddie:
Spent the week with my mom and that felt so lucky. She was so nice to come home with me after my Utah trip and help me out for a week. I got so much done while she was here; so many appointments that would just be such a pain or impossible with kids. I'm feeling all caught up on life after a doctor visit, dentist visit, haircut, car serviced, car cleaned, temple trip, etc. I was kind of gloomy her last two days here because I was sad she was leaving... haha I need to work on saving that for after visits. Two of my good friends moved this week and I am going to need to figure out some new routines without them. There are so many friends I miss in this life! But that's a blessing. I also got a new phone and didn't have a back up of my old one since I sold my computer recently and hadn't backed my phone up to Michael's computer. So dumb. Thanks to Google Photos it's ok, but I'm super sad to have lost the notes in my old phone -- cute things Westin says, the things Michael says in his sleep sometimes. I mean, those were quality notes. You live you learn.

Westin:
Learned the phrase "but why?" this week. I knew that was coming soon. He picks up on the things we say way more now. I can't talk about anything I don't want him to hear, and I only talk about him positively to Michael when he's listening. I used to tell all the good and bad about our day to Michael in front of him but now I can tell he soaks everything up and I only want to talk about his positive behavior in front of him. His wheels are just turning faster and differently these days and that comes with new fun things and new challenges. He's sleeping until 7:00 again and that feels heavenly.

Bennett:
Has a soft spot for his Grandma Miner so he was so happy this week. Man, he's such a bundle of joy. I'm so grateful for my two cute boys. They are everything to me. We watched Collateral Beauty this weekend, which is not the greatest movie ever made, but I was just weepy through the whole thing because oh my goodness I love my boys. He's still not crawling, following in his brother's (lack of) footsteps in that area. He's waking up once at night and sleeping until 6:45 or 7:00 usually and that feels like such a major improvement. He loves food, his thighs are the chunkiest I've ever seen, his hugs when you get him from a nap are heart-melting, he has started to almost almost tease Westin, Kitty makes him super excited, he's an angel in church, easiest nap taker, doesn't cry when he's tired, poops in every diaper, squeaks with happiness randomly all day, likes car rides, loves people, and brings me such intense happiness.

Not many pictures since I'm coming out of my last week without a (real) phone, but I'll make up for it soon I'm sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis