Sunday, November 12, 2017

Back to Cedar

Michael:
had long days this week and Westin is trying to get used to that again. I kept Westin up late Wednesday night to see Michael before the boys and I left town, and he was so happy to see daddy. Michael makes up good stories before bedtime, and Westin always asks me for repeats on the days he isn't there. He took the side of Westin's crib off Wednesday night because we just need to initiate this change with baby steps or Westin is going to be a kindergartener in a crib. Then Michael spent the last half of the week alone since the boys and I are out of town. Poor guy. He worked most of Saturday and Saturday night at the hospital.

Maddie:
got my carpets cleaned Monday and it made me extremely happy. We're pretty much the best renters in existence, I'm pretty sure. Too bad that gets us nothing but... a rent payment. I am figuring out how to seriously systemize our Utah road tripping and I think it's a little easier now that Bennett's hardly nursing. But if he's like Westin was, 15-21 months will be the worst travel age. That's also the age Westin was when we drove and moved across the country so... that was fun. I met up with some friends from high school on Friday and loved seeing our kids together so much. Driving around Cedar City makes me so happy. I'm convinced it's the perfect place to grow up.

Westin:
did really well his first night of sleeping with the side of his crib down. We put his toddler bed mattress on the floor by him in case he fell out. In the morning I asked him how he liked sleeping in his "big boy crib" and he said, "I woke up down there, and climbed back up, then woke up down there, and climbed back up..." He never made any noise though, so nobody knew there was a lot of commotion happening. Once in a while I really wish that we had a video monitor. :) But not enough to get one! He did a really good job on our road trip to Utah, and he has been loving his time with his two older cousins and Aunt Ali. He seems so much older when he's hanging out with cousins. It's just so new to see him being pretty independent for long periods of time with them. He has loved playing at the park with cousins, watching ping pong games, being out on the trampoline, going on walks, looking at pictures on Ali's iPad with her (an articulation app, pretty sweet to have a speech language pathologist as an aunt), feeling like one of the big kids, and FaceTiming daddy.

Bennett:
loves all the attention from grandma and grandpa and cousins this week. He's crawling so much and so fast. He would swing all day if someone would push him all day. He eats SO much, I can hardly keep up. Sometimes I get really grumpy about how much of my life goes to food management. I just try not to think about it. (That doesn't really work. I still get grumpy about it.) He's sleeping through the night even while traveling and that just makes me want to give him a thousand kisses. Which I probably do. He's such a sweetheart. He did pretty good on our drive but then cried almost all the way from St. George to Cedar, but at that point I was committed to just getting there and there was nothing I could do for him but end his driving experience as quickly as possible. We're having so much fun this week, and we can't wait to go to the Cedar City Temple open house in a couple days!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis