Sunday, March 18, 2018

Girls' Weekend

Michael:
has had some crazy stories from his time in the Emergency Room this month. It's been an interesting rotation. He really likes his 3pm - 1am shift, since he has the morning and early afternoon with us and gets to get some things done he doesn't usually get to. Then he still gets 5 or so hours of sleep, which is functionable. He had a boys' day Saturday with Westin and Bennett and took them to the zoo. I even came home to them all dressed in green for St. Patrick's Day, so he was really owning the dad role that day.

Maddie:
has been looking forward to this weekend for SO long! My Aunt Maria made plans to come to Time Out for Women in Visalia (an hour south of Fresno) and my other Aunt Tanya and my sister Alison decided to join her. It was such an unexpected, wonderful girls weekend with women that I have loved and admired my entire life. The four of us laughed and talked and ate good food and just had a great weekend together. I love them so, so much. They are such incredible women.

Westin:
had fun at his usual scenes this week -- Mornings with Mommy, preschool, zoo with daddy, library trips, park trips, backyard shenanigans, and doing who knows what in his room during "nap" time. He'll still take a few naps in the week but other days are full of building trains, garbage trucks, satellites, and airplanes with legos. We walked outside this week to see that our garbage man, Don, had left Westin a little garbage truck on the table on our front porch. That was so sweet, and it hasn't left his hand since. Westin wanted to make him a Christmas present last December, and they've been buddies ever since. Every time we see a garbage truck Westin wonders if it's Don driving. 

Bennett:
is busy! He's keeping up with Westin more and more. More running, more wrestling, more opinions, more ways of making us laugh. He loves animals so much. He's my pickiest eater and deepest laugher, best sleeper and just a joyful little soul. He's pretty independent at the Lutheran playgroup we go to and the older ladies get a kick out of him. I love watching him watch Westin. He sure loves his older brother.


Vegetable painting



Latest cross stitch commission. I love making these!
But lately I've been falling asleep when I stitch because life is feeling so busy... so tired.

This is what he does with his fingers when you ask how old he is, and it really makes people pause. Four? No... three?


Latest health challenge... it has been so much easier to give up sugar this time than last time. I'm almost relieved to not have to make constant "Should I eat that?" decisions.



Ali and I always wanted to be like Maria and Tanya when we grew up. I remember them babysitting us at their condo, and hearing about their trips all over the world. They're the best.

Time Out for Women was a fun break from routine. My favorite talk was from Alissa Parker, a mom who lost her sweet six-year-old daughter in the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting. I really want to read her book.



Ali was so happy to get in on the post-nap cuddles that happen around here.

They packed their bags full of oranges on the way home. I can't believe we have all the yummy (yummiest ever) oranges we could want down the street from us!





I love this video -- Ali was recording Bennett's chatty self and he totally said a new word for the first time. I feel like it's impossible to get stuff like that on camera sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis