Sunday, March 4, 2018

New Rotation!

Michael:
is DONE with his oral surgery rotation of his second year. That feels so good to say! He's now on a one-month Emergency Department rotation that is full of random days and shifts. He either works 11pm - 8am, 7am - 4pm, or 3pm - 1am. It's hard to switch those around and sleep when you can, but he is going to be home more overall. We're soo happy to see him more this month and that he's done with first call for all of residency.

Maddie:
stayed busy with the boys this week. They had to stay up late Tuesday night to go to a stake temple recommend interview with me. Those are the moments that feel like residency to me... not the most ideal situations but we figure it out one day at a time. We also played at Chick Fil A and Bennett got stuck at the top of the play place. I figured my next kid would do that since Westin took forever to even climb up a playground, so I knew I had it coming. We also went to the Lutheran Church playgroup, story time at the library, preschool, and a fun Costco and Home Depot trip with daddy on a morning he was home. I'm also going to write down that for the record, this was the most disgusting week of motherhood I've ever had. There was so much poop and throw up in my week and that's all I'm going to say about that. Let's not end on that. I also was able to go to Sister Lawrence's scripture class where she talked all about the metaphor of Christ as the bridegroom. Her class is such a highlight of my weekdays.

Westin:
is happy to have dad around more but is pretty confused at all the switching of schedules. But he's getting to be old enough that if I give him a heads up of when he will and will not see Michael, he seems to understand it pretty well. He got to go on a date with me to church today while Michael stayed home with a sick baby Bennett. Then he went on a date with daddy to pick oranges this afternoon. He loves one on one time and I love when he's able to get some of that.

Bennett:
is such an animal lover, and also seemed so much bigger at our routine stops this week. He wanted to be on the computer at the library (while holding the mouse to his ear to "talk on the phone"), paint at our playgroup, climb the play place at Chick Fil A, and just try to keep up with the big kids. I don't have a baby anymore and it's so sad! But he is such a joy. He has been sick this weekend and it's so sad. He's still a happy little guy through it all.


Just me trying to combat the week I'll always remember as the most disgusting ever. I'll spare you details.

Westin loves when I leave him at preschool now and never wants me to stick around. In fact all of the kids in our group now stay without their mom and it's really fun! So Bennett and I did a mystery shop date at Jamba Juice and he felt so big. Plus he had a waffle, so, he was happy.

Chicken... He was so happy with this chicken leg and honestly I couldn't watch him eat it.
Something about eating meat off bones is just so nasty to me. 

The kids made "Get Well Cards" at story time at the library and I thought these band-aid/tissue butterflies were so cute.

Another cross stitch order shipped out! I love Larissa's cute family.

Game time at the library.

"Talking on the phone," so busy.

Being hoodlums at my church interview. They actually did really great. We had a busy night of piano lessons, quick dinner, interview at the church, then seeing dad before bed since they were up late.

Painting at the Lutheran Church's "Mornings with Mommy".


We may have just discovered The Fitness Marshall on YouTube and when I can't get to a High Class, I don't hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis