Sunday, March 11, 2018

Losing Routine

Michael:
is working all different hours now and it's an adjustment. He did a lot of 3pm to 1am shifts this week, which he actually kind of liked. He'd get some stuff done during the day that he usually can't get done, head to work, then get home and go to bed. Then I'd try to keep the boys away from him until at least 8am the next morning but... that's a struggle. If dad is around they just want to be with him so bad! That is one curse of a one-story house I think -- the whole house is used at all times, whereas Michael would probably have some chance of sleeping if he was upstairs away from us. But we've really loved living in a one-story overall.

Maddie:
got a babysitter on Saturday night so Michael and I could go to an adult fireside by Matt Townsend. He was really funny and it was nice to be out! We went out for mediterranean food before which we both can't get enough of lately. THIS is my new favorite recipe. Plus we've been making our own yogurt for a few weeks now, and turning that into homemade tatziki sauce is just my favorite thing right now. After the fireside we got dessert with our friends Emily and Jordan and it was so fun. I'm always surprised by how much more Emily and I can actually catch up when we don't have our 5 cute but crazy kids running around us!

Westin:
always thinks preschool is the highlight of his week. He also loved having dad around in the mornings and helping him with his projects. They picked out some plants at a nursery, redid our front walkway landscaping, fixed some headlights on Michael's truck, fixed a couple things around the house, and just played a lot. He just loves being dad's helper. He's also finally got his somersault down and loves to show that off. Bennett tries to copy it and kind of just flops on the ground with his face on the floor, kind of like a slug. It's my favorite. Westin also loved making a fire with daddy on Friday night and roasting hot dogs all together. He asks to do that so often.

Bennett:
has such a funny personality these days. He keeps bringing me random things from the cupboards he can reach, like a box of pasta or a full box of granola bars, which means he's hungry for a snack. Which is like, always. He's been playing with Westin more and more and they're so funny to watch. We moved him out of our closet and into our guest room but I'm moving him back.... darkness equals sleep. He's waking up 90 minutes earlier since we did that. He also was really sick the first few days of this week with some sort of stomach bug. Poor guy. And poor parents. Still not going to give details there but just know, it was rough... But he's doing better now. We had a fun week playing together and getting used to dad's new and always-changing hours!

My friend sent me this picture of Bennett sitting by me in the Sunbeams class. Maybe he'll skip the nursery phase? :)

We went to nursery for the last hour of church together to start giving him a taste of it. (He's 18 months in two weeks!) He was super sad when I left to take a little girl to her mom, but bubbles were a definite highlight of his day.

Westin has always gravitated toward elderly men in his life. Bennett seems to be partial to any potential babysitter. He was just laying on her shoulder and was so mad when I took him away so that she could go to class. Sometimes my kids act like I'm their least favorite person in the world in public... really cool, guys. Good thing I do EVERYthing for you. :)

Getting ready for the day.

One of my recent cross stitch orders. I love this family.

Running around River Park on Friday night. We went for ice cream and almost came home with a Husky puppy...
there would have been some buyers remorse there. But man they were cute.

Now begins the stage where he won't let me feed him anything... so messy. Sigh.

Post-nap cuddles with the Great British Baking Show.

Super offended I won't open this pizza crust for him that he found in a cupboard.

Scripture study. He's really soaking that in.

Wednesday. Garbage Day. The best day. Our garbage man, Don, always honks for the boys.

Planting with daddy.

Fixing up the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis