Sunday, June 10, 2018

King County Fair

Michael:
has so many things growing in his garden! Tomatoes. Zucchini. Squash. Raspberries. Blueberries. Grapes. Pumpkins. Eggplants. Artichokes. Cilantro. Thyme. Rosemary. Oregano. Peppers. Cherry tomatoes. Pineapple. Corn. Mint. So much lavender. I'm probably missing some! Our garden is so fun to spend time in. We're giving it extra love as we get into 100+ degree days. Michael also fixed our sprinkler this week and I'm continually amazed at how he figures out how to fix things. Super grateful for how handy he is!

Maddie:
started my official Etsy shop this week and it feels fun to have that going! I have finished almost 25 cross stitch families now and each one I finish is my new favorite. I have so much on my mind right now with getting all of our upcoming plans in order, starting with our Utah trip that's coming fast. Summer is turning out to be extremely busy and I'm grateful for that. I loved taking the boys to the King County Fair in Hanford this weekend with Michael. We randomly found it online and decided to drive an hour south and do the fair thing and watch Lonestar perform. Westin LOVED the Ferris Wheel, which I was surprised by. I thought he'd be afraid of it but he loved every second and so did Bennett. They also loved the tractors and animals, and I thought it was really fun to see Lonestar perform. I loved a lot of their songs growing up. We actually stayed to the fair until 9:30 at night which, if you know me and my love for early bedtimes, was pretty crazy. But we were all having fun and we just needed a night out. Definitely paid for that on Sunday afternoon though -- back to those beautiful early bedtimes!

Westin:
is officially signed up for preschool! And he's really excited about it. I have gone back and forth and back and forth. And back and forth, and back and forth about that decision. Finally we went and toured a spot nearby that a few of his friends are going to, and he's going to absolutely love it. It's a movement based preschool that will include gymnastics and music, and it also includes a separate swimming lesson once a week. I think he's really going to love it! He starts in August, and he also keeps talking about swimming lessons coming up in July. He's getting bigger. I can't believe he's old enough to do these things. Preschool will only be two days a week in the afternoons, so he won't miss out on any of our daily adventures. Right now he has quiet time or nap time every afternoon, and it will be fun for him to have preschool two times a week instead of that.

Bennett:
loved the racing pigs at the county fair, and the cows. He also loved the Ferris Wheel, and riding a train that we rode at a little reading festival Saturday Morning at Storyland. We had never been there before and it was a pretty random place. He has randomly been getting a lot of bloody noses this week but when I called my pediatrician's nurse line about it they said that lots of people were calling about the same thing. I didn't realize that's a thing when it gets really hot and dry. Bennett has been doing the third hour of nursery at church by himself after daddy hangs out with him that second hour and warms him up to the situation. He's so super sweet and loves his Home Depot car that he built a week ago. These boys are so fun.

Bennett couldn't be bothered with the seat belt for the train ride.

Train ride at Story Land.


Play Tractor at the County Fair

Notice Bennett's preferred entrance rather than climbing over the door.

Westin really loved running around all the real tractors and figuring out what they all do.

Ferris Wheel! Westin kept saying, "Wow, thank you mom! I love you!" Melt my heart, you gotta hang onto those moments to get through the "I don't want a mom!" moments. Yeah, we have those, don't judge.

A little graphic, I know. But he randomly gets such bad bloody noses and I look over at him and get so startled!
Mostly they happen when he's asleep though.

Just chilling at the park, sharing jerky with his little bro.

Bennett's favorite food right now is probably refried black beans.

Michael brought out a car blanket his mom made him when he was little plus a backpack of cars that he would play with. The boys were in HEAVEN. They were entertained by this for a day and a half straight and it brought so much peace to our home for those precious hours. I love when something does that.

Etsy Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis