Sunday, June 17, 2018

Residency Roast | Year 2

Michael:
had his Residency roast this weekend, and I'm just realizing we never took a picture. It's an end-of-year party for the graduating residents, and they basically make fun of everyone and make fun of the fourth years hard. Michael basically only got grief for falling asleep in lectures, being a genius, and being Mormon, so... can't really deny any of those. He really loves the people he works with and the vibe of his residency program. It was a fun night celebrating long time accomplishments and spending time with people that completely know our same world. I'm looking forward to July 1 when we can officially say that Michael is a 3rd year. Which is almost 4. Which is almost done! 

Maddie:
spent the week getting ready for our Utah time. Trips take so much prep in my mind, I had this running list on my fridge all week and spent so much time getting organized and trying to efficiently plan our Utah time with tons of people's schedules. It's going to be so fun! We did multiple mystery shops this week since I'm done grocery shopping before our trip. We also had to take Kitty to the vet twice this week, which is possibly my least favorite errand to drag both my boys to. She stopped eating and went from 7 pounds to 5 pounds in a month. For a few hours one day we really thought she was in really bad shape and I was devastated. She's doing a little better now and we're keeping a close eye on her.

Westin:
went to his last Mornings with Mommy for the year and he loved that it was all about camping, since we've been telling him that soon we're going to go camping in Utah. They also had s'mores for everyone that day, so he was in heaven. We went swimming at our friend Emily's house one morning and Westin took a little while to warm up to the water (as expected) and then really enjoyed it by the end. I was relieved because he has two weeks of everyday swimming lessons when we get back from Utah. Fingers crossed he gets a male teacher that knows how to boss him around... Westin is still sexist in the most innocent way, but sexist all the same.

Bennett:
Bennett takes NO time to warm up to water, or most anything, really. We're navigating how to help Westin have fun on slides and in pools and all the other things he brings extreme caution too without outright comparing him to his little brother that's fearlessly exploring next to him. They're going to be so good for each other. They really already are, I love when I hear their cute conversations from other parts of the house throughout the day. Well, one-sided conversations since we still just have Mama and Dada from Bennett, but you know what I mean.

We have a three-dog crew that regularly visits us and they are work... but they paid for our Utah trip so I can't complain.

And Westin and Bennett don't complain because they love the dog bed set up.


S'more life

Vet trips, my most germophobic location.

Lunch! Michael's homegrown tomatoes make me SO happy.

All three of these dogs are rescue dogs and this little one, Tilly, has never warmed up to me. You can tell someone has been really mean to her and it's so sad! But this time she warmed up and was so playful and it made me happy. 

90% of our toys, now organized...

Because slowly it all spreads and I go crazy!

Taking a walk in daddy's shoes. 
First splash pad trip of the season.


Beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis