Sunday, December 16, 2018

Trampolines and Christmas Time

We had a pretty quick and uneventful week! In a few words:

Michael:
Long days. Weekend off! Yard work. Date with Westin to choose a present for Bennett. Another week of call ahead. So much nursery time in church (Bennett...).

Maddie:
Still recovering from The Winter I Was Constantly Sick. Ward Christmas party, games for primary kids. Loved taking the boys to their first hibachi grill experience. 

Westin:
Doctor visit, seriously sore after shots. Loved Skywalk trampoline time with Colt. Super into his Trader Joe's advent calendar, way more than my calendar with devotionals about Christ. Kids. He also liked when we all went to Santa Claus Lane on Sunday night to watch the Christmas lights in sync with some radio songs.

Bennett:
Also loved Skywalk trampoline time. Noooo interest in being anywhere near Santa. Still talks in his own language. Loves his brother and his dad and his cat but still mostly his momma and I am SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS. Please never learn to be sassy.

And that's that! Michael was able to make it to our ward Christmas party an hour late. I set up games for the primary kids, got my kiddos dinner, got Michael a plate before they put food away, had fun visiting with friends, and successfully helped Westin through his hot chocolate experience which I knew would only end poorly. Bam! After a busy but pretty smooth and fun night I was remembering the Christmas dinner two years ago when Bennett was so so new, and we still hardly knew anybody yet. Time makes such a difference. I'm going to need to really remember that when we head into whatever our future holds in a little while.

It was really sad when Westin's shots made him so sore! I was surprised how much he was hurting. But his eye test and ear test at the pediatrician this week was really funny to watch for some reason. He's just growing up. He has lots of questions about Santa these days and I have no answers. Guys, send help with that. How do you decide what you say and what you don't and how to focus on the right things while still creating the fun magic too? Christmas, man. It's way more work than I ever anticipated which just keeps making me feel like I'm doing it wrong. But I tried so hard to do it right? But honestly our rounds of sickness and weeks of hospital call have just kept that from really happening this year. 

Also can I just document that today in primary when all leaders and teachers were sent to a combined adult meeting, within 8 minutes one child gave another a bloody nose and another took permanent marker to two walls and a table. Primary, you guys. You don't know how much work we're doing in there! Haha unless you're in there, in which case, thanks for being in there. Also that is in NO WAY directed at the kind bishopric member who offered to wrangle primary solo for the hour because he did a wonderful job. I just think we all needed a reminder of what those kids are capable of and why we need the adult numbers we need in there to combat the crazy. :)

Here's to one more week of Christmas prep! A.K.A. the week I finally, finally, finally face my extra room of unopened Target and Amazon boxes plus wrapping paper, and tackle The Worst Job There Ever Was. I don't even have Hallmark movies to keep me company because for some reason those were just a new wonderful novelty to me last year and this year I am just not ready for them again. Not ready at all. Guys! Am I a grinch? I did love the new Grinch movie. I don't know if that helps or hurts my case.

Ok out.

Bennett was really into this guy's knife skills and the fire at the hibachi grill!

He was not as into the vegetables.

My kids have no interest in taking pictures with Santa...

...they just came for the food.

Westin and his sore leg from shots. He was super sore for 24 hours, not his favorite outing.

I know this isn't an attractive picture but THIS will change your lunch life.

Wasted no time using those Trader Joe's stickers.

Bennett thought the mouse running on the wheel at the pet store was straight up hilarious.

Westin is all about the reptiles.

No one wanted to spend much time with the hairless rats.

Eye test and Ear test at the doctor's office this week. He seemed so big!
Happy to report he sees and hears just fine. ...so why does it feel like no one listens to me??? 
Post-bath cereal before getting dressed in the morning.
There's always a trick to the order of things to minimize outfit changes.
Oh the laundry.



Clean boys and a cuddly cat.

Bennett at Skywalk!

These boys played so hard for an hour straight.

I'm grateful my friend Ali took no documentation of when I tried to get in this swing with just arm strength.
The platform is really necessary.
Who else could NEVER do a pull-up in all the presidential fitness test in P.E. growing up??
Anyone?

Not perfect bum placement but he was happy.

Such a fun morning with friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis