Sunday, February 5, 2023

Another Bonus Sister Week

 With another round of car delays, we had another week of sister time. My January was so full of family and I'm so very grateful to turn that long, dreary month into lucky weeks with family.

Ali was nice to watch my little guys while I met Westin and Bennett for lunch at their school on Monday. It was fun to see them in their element and go through their line with them. Westin and his friends were being so goofy and cracking me up. Bennett was a total sweetheart and just loved having me there.

Ali and I both got our haircut since we were basically each other's nannies all week. Our kids played really well together apart from the times when they didn't, toddlers are an emotional ride. But overall they really did wonderfully.

On Friday night Michael and I went to a school fundraiser trivia night. We didn't know our team beforehand but we're going to be at this school a lot of years so it's fun to go to these in person events that have been put on hold since we got here because of Covid. The trivia night was really fun and our team ended up taking home the grand prize! Which was a photo with a big question mark. We laughed a ton that night and it was fun to do something different. 

After another KIA delay, Matthias so kindly decided to come and rescue his family on Friday. But the roads were not great and he ended up pulling off to get a hotel. This trip, man. Luckily Saturday morning was better and they made their drive home, with the 80 closing down just a couple hours behind them. So, in the end, no new car was ever delivered and we got 16 bonus days together that will truly forever be a treasure in my mind. Ali was feeling awful that whole time and I just know so very well how that feels so cooking meals for her little family and just being with her kiddos during her pregnancy was a joy for me. I love them so much.

Teaching Sunday School about Jesus' life has been really special for me this year. I liked learning about Jesus responding to His temptations with scripture, and how the first two are traced to Deuteronomy 8 and the third has always been contested about where exactly it comes from -- but we see it in Moses. There have been a lot of small things in my studies the last year that really help me feel how special the scriptures are and how much power comes from staying close to them. I want to somehow foster that in my boys, but I haven't figured out a system that works well for us quite yet.

Also. Camden continuously tells Google to play Shivers by Ed Sheerhan, Wheels on the Bus, Who Let the Dogs Out, or Sharks by Imagine Dragons any chance he has. Then dances. I absolutely love walking into Camden alone in the kitchen just feeling the music. These boys are so much fun.

Lunch Date with Benny Boy

Straight into a Lunch Date with Westy Boy

Bennett's 100-day project is cracking me up

Getting serious Grandma Miner vibes after my hair wash before my trim.

This little one is heading into a clingy stage.
I'm fine with it :)

Why are stairs so fun?

It only took us 2.5 years to hang up these shelves,
moving is a process, you know?

Kitty is surprisingly accepting of Asher's hugs.
Mostly.

Coloring their names.

These two are a roller coaster of love and power struggles.

My big boys are getting bigger.

Trivia Winners! It was fun to get to know some other parents from the boys' school.
If you're guessing my trivia contribution was Taylor Swift related you'd be right.

These two! I'm obsessed with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis