Friday, February 24, 2023

Snow Day Again

We had a President's Day this week followed by a Snow Day on Wednesday,
which is the second time this year we've had a snow day on a Wednesday after a Monday holiday.
Fun fact :)

We had some cooooold temps this week! I drove my kids to school for the first time this year because we were at -14 one morning... yikes. We did walk to school later in the week when it was 9 degrees though. I've decided my limit is 5 haha. 

The missionaries taught us a family home evening lesson on Monday. Asher had a well check on Wednesday and weighs 21 pounds. It's hard to not think back on when Bennett weighed that at his 6-month appointment, ha. I love how different all these boys are. Asher is in the 30th percentile and got to get his flu shot finally, since we've met with an allergist about his egg allergy. He definitely has one but not the kind of response that would keep you from being able to get the flu shot, and one that they think he'll grow out of. But it's significant enough that we're not supposed to do any exposures for the next year. Luckily he does great with eggs baked in things, like pancakes or anything else, so I'm really grateful to only be mentally avoiding straight eggs and not reading a bunch of ingredient lists. Though I felt bad when I accidentally gave him mayo on a sandwich recently and he totally reacted. I didn't stop to realize there are eggs in most mayo and ranch.

I went to a playgroup on Tuesday and it was fun to catch up with a lot of moms I haven't seen in a while. Camden was too shy to do much playing but by the end of it he decided to ride his balance bike around the gym a few times and he loved it.

Westin received a "curiosity" award at school on Friday and Camden, Asher, and I made it to the assembly. I loved going to his class afterward to hear the little presentation from his teacher about why she picked him for the award, and then he got to call on three friends to say something they liked about him. People said Westin is really good at thinking of ideas to make something fair for everyone, he helps everyone have a good day, and he is nice to everyone. We sure love that kid. He went to a birthday party with a few friends Friday afternoon and his friend's mom told me afterwards that all those boys were so polite and sweet to each other and just a great group of kids. That made me so happy to hear. She said, "I was just impressed because you guys weren't even here and everyone was so well-behaved. Sometimes I wonder if when I drop my kid off somewhere he just acts like a total animal, you know?" That made me laugh so much because we are all for sure wondering the same thing about our own kid :)

The boys have been helping me a lot this weekend and I'm grateful for them! They make laundry so much easier. Westin loves to cook with me. Bennett made all our tortillas one night for dinner and found a way to let Camden "help" him do that and it was adorable. Asher wanted Westin to pick him up a lot this week and he was always happy to do it and so sweet with him. They fight like all brothers do but they are also just having so much fun together. I love these boys.

Using our President's Day to knock out their science fair projects.

Bennett's Science Fair Project: What Helps an Apple Slice Not Turn Brown?

Westin's Science Fair Project: Does Salt Make Water Boil Faster?

I keep finding things of Ali's...
Ok not a lot. But just little reminders that we were roommates for 16 glorious days :)

Exhibit B.

Clearing out our basement!
Asher was crawling as fast as he could up the stairs to get away from Fred and George :)

Keeping an eye on that pizza.


Sweetest relationship right here.

We got sad new this week that our dear Mr. T passed away back in Fresno.
We left him with sweet friends who took really good care of him and he had a good life.
Sweet Mr. T. Here he is reaching for our raspberry bush but he needed some help to actually get one.


These two partied during the older brothers' swim lessons this week since Michael had a meeting.


Twin Day at school :)

Westin received a "curiosity" award at school,
and I took Camden and Asher to the assembly and to his class after for the presentation.
Asher distracted basically 85% of the school during the assembly...
he's not ready for elementary assemblies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis