Sunday, February 19, 2023

Valentines Day & Cousin Weekend

 We had a Happy Valentines Day! Heart attacks and a pink breakfast and little treats and a chocolate fondue dessert night. The boys really loved that. 

The missionaries taught us a lesson for Family Home Evening. I volunteered in Westin's class Wednesday. morning and Michael volunteered during a science special that afternoon. Then he took the three older boys to a hockey game later that night and they really loved it.

Michael went to book club on Thursday :) I love that the guys in our ward have a book club. And on Saturday we had fun with Katie's family. They have been sweet to come up here a lot during Luna's puppy days since we really can't leave her for very long yet. We played outside, made pizzas, and walked through Fossil Creek Park. We even saw three eagles land and eat lunch on the frozen reservoir and the boys loved watching them. We all did!

I really loved teaching about the Sermon on the Mount this week, and I loved having some sunnier days with Asher and Camden. There's snow in our future and I'm feeling burned out of winter... we're ready for a sunny trip. But March is on its way and that's always hopeful.... deceiving at times, but hopeful :)

These cute boys! They loved our sunny days this week.

Luckily they were happily swinging while I cleaned my car because...

...can you even believe this. I can't believe I'm even admitting to the fact that this happened haha. 
This sad and forgotten grocery pick up bag was zipped up and left under my empty grocery bags, and missed during the crazy days of Ali and I tag teaming all 6 of our kiddos. And we went a solid week, you guys. A solid week wondering why my car was getting horribly horrible with each passing day, with Westin even saying it smelled like the seafood department of a grocery store.
How right he was. How right he always is.
For the record, this stuff really works wonders. I have to put this here for the record because it's been a whole thing and we're already laughing about it :)
Honestly I was laughing right when I found it. Because I just couldn't believe Westin's accuracy.

Bennett's turn for a science fair project!
Time to find out what helps apple slices not turn brown. He's very serious about this.

Valentine's morning was a pink raspberry Noosa breakfast and some fun little treats.
We don't know why Camden loves to talk about Baby Yoda, but he was very excited to get a little stuffed Baby Yoda :)

He even got invited to watch a show with Camden, pretty lucky.

Library Story Time has been fun since Asher has been doing one nap some days.

Looking through that Valentine's loot!
I remember how fun Valentine's Day was in elementary school. They were so excited.

We did fondue dessert for Valentine's. 
I just used my crockpot to see if it was too crazy (and dangerous?! ha) to be a full on tradition but the boys loved it and no injuries occurred. Maybe we'll do a full on cheese fondue and chocolate fondue experience next year. Lemon oreos were a fave.

Documenting decisions... the worst. 
Gonna start delegating to Westin.

This kid! I love his bundled self soooo much.

He loves Luna's crate... can't be stopped.

Michael had a kind patient give him some front row hockey tickets and the boys were absolutely stoked. They stayed out until 10:30 and thought it was the best.


Drone time before school. They are so wildly full of energy in the mornings and by the time I drop them off at school it feels like a whirlwind.

These buddies.

Costco find.
Kidding, I did not buy these.
I was just intrigued by them??

Their first outing to a shoe store and I know floors are gross but they were having the best time.

First day back in the swings on a nice sunny morning and he was in such a funny mood about it.

Kitty looking like E.T. when I walked into the boys' room.

Cousins came up Saturday! 
Katie brought pizza kits for lunch and they had the best time.

This boy crew.

Reaching for that heart attack.


Park day with cousins.


We saw eagles on our stroll!




He's so into hugs lately and all of us can't get enough.

Especially dad hugs :)

This age is so sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis