Monday, January 28, 2019

Number 3 on the Way!

Michael:
finished up his presentation last Sunday in San Francisco and moved back home after nine days of hotel living. We're happy he's home! He started his call week the next Tuesday but we were able to spend time with him on Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. He went with us to Costco on Saturday so we could get passport pictures taken, then we went to Blaze Pizza and let the boys play at the River Park play area. On Sunday we went to church a little while after he left to round at the hospital, but he beat us home and we had a lazy Sunday together. Westin likes being chased by the drone in the backyard  :)

Maddie:
is having a BABY in July, and it was fun to get that out in the open! We've had quite a few low key, nauseous weeks around here. The afternoons and evenings are much worse than the mornings. I have a new OB and their office seems thorough and really great, I've already had multiple ultrasounds. We are so excited to meet another one of our little people soon :) 

Westin:
taught us about Jesus creating the world when he got home from church today and it was really cute. It's weird to me that he's not a little sunbeam anymore. We had a better solo Sunday than last week, which was a good reminder to me that even when I do everything the exact same some church days are easy and some are just a mess, so I shouldn't dwell on the rough times. I love when he teaches me things he learned at preschool or from Wild Kratts. He's only had one accident this week so I am hoping night training is mostly behind us. I love when he talks to Bennett in Bennett's language. For whatever reason, Bennett calls all treats "hi-hi" and garbage trucks/cement trucks/big trucks "my-my" and Westin will point them out to him using that word :) But Bennett does call backhoes exactly that and it's the cutest. Westin likes to talk about how he hopes the baby is another brother, and he also likes to say "I don't want another baby" whenever he's throwing a tantrum. Haha he has always had a knack for throwing shade.

Bennett:
is living in his Wild Things t-shirt and Wild Things jacket, and carrying around his "roar-roar" (toy dinosaur) everywhere, which means we hear lots of roaring from that little guy all around. He doesn't love trying all his food but knows there's no "hi-hi" unless he does. I swear our Halloween candy multiplied. He loves the new construction duplos from Logan and Jenny's family for Christmas, and will bring them to Westin to help him put them together when he can't quite get it. He loves bubble baths but hates having his hair washed. He still gets bloody noses here and there for whatever reason. Also I still love putting him to bed for his naps or nights more than any part of my day, his little hugs and kisses melt my heart.

Babydae 3:
14 weeks as of last Thursday! I can't feel the baby move quite yet but sometimes I think I almost do. I'm already sleeping with my huge pregnancy pillow and I feel like I look like I did at 20 weeks with Westin. Here we go, third pregnancy. The nausea has felt the same as my first two and I'm hoping it lets up around 18 weeks again. We have an ultrasound at the end of February that will tell us both the gender and if my placenta previa has fixed itself, so I'm really looking forward to that appointment. I am taking medicine for nausea this time and it helps with my food aversions a lot. I'm cooking way more than I did when pregnant with either of my other two, but also, maybe that's just because I have to more this time :) Westin and Bennett are always hungry! But I love that Westin likes to cook with me. I feel more baby hungry this time than ever before, and more bonded to the baby early on. I think because it was all so new before but now I just know how much we're going to love this little person, and it's happening earlier on for me this time around. It's a good feeling.

#babydae3 on the way!
From Instagram:
We’re so thrilled we get to meet this tiny person in July! Especially now that we know firsthand just how different the same two people’s kids can be. :) Who is on their way?! I’m full of nauseous anticipation. 💖💙

Anyone else obsessed with Kodiak cakes? Not ashamed. That Costco sale price can't be beat.

The flamingos were putting on a show on our zoo day, and a zoo employee was there to teach us some new flamingo facts.
There's a white egret that is a frequent uninvited guest in the flamingo habitat, and actually pokes holes in the flamingo eggs and causes contention. The zoo has two silver birds (I forget their name now!) in the habitat that get along with the flamingos and they are also aggressive toward the egret and protective of the flamingo eggs.
But the zoo's flamingos are so old that they haven't had an egg hatch in a while. They are almost twice the age of
flamingos that live in the wild.

Westin loves playing with Colt so much.

Butternut squash soup -- the dinners with extra effort always seem to be the dinners that kids extra hate. :)

Breakfast date. Westin eats early with Michael and Bennett and I eat later on :) He comes in style.

I just kept cracking up at him in his Lightning McQueen helmet and diaper, with Roar Roar, his cement truck, and garbage truck all close by. He even gave Roar Roar some bites (after he had completely finished all cereal and all milk in the bowl).

Fire station field trip for our friend preschool group! With lots of extra friends that day.

It was such a nice fire station. Each firefighter even has their own fridge! And they let the kids climb in the truck and they turned the lights on for them. California firefighters are rock stars.

Mara played with us on Saturday while her family was moving. We're sad they won't be in our ward anymore!
But we'll still see her at our Friday preschool group.

Always busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis