Thursday, April 18, 2019

Our Own Spring Break

Blogging a little early this week before we take off on an adventure!

This week was Fresno's spring break, which meant no preschool, t-ball, swimming lessons, preschool with friends, or piano lessons. I thought we were going to struggle but I honestly loved it. We had the slowest week and I love that it overlapped with Holy Week. We didn't do anything big for Holy Week -- just read about what happened each day, looked at paintings, sang some primary songs, watched a few Come Unto Christ videos. We usually did it when Bennett was napping and Westin was full of questions about the last week of Christ's life. 

Michael:
has been swamped with hours still and he's looking forward to some vacation time. He has barely been home this week. I am so excited to see more of him over the next few days.

Westin:
has been a ball of energy this week, and I think that's because all his usual activities have been cancelled so I'm just getting the full experience! He took a long nap one day, which meant that when Michael got home at 9:30 he was still awake in bed and came out of his room with a huge smile on his face. He then proceeded to have us laughing to tears while we sat in the kitchen with him while Michael ate dinner. He was in such a crazy mood and saying the funniest things. His komodo dragon impression will forever be in my mind.

Bennett:
is getting some full on attitude but I guess he's allowed to since he's two and a half. And he throws plenty of sweetness in there to get us through the sassy moments. We watched SO MANY DOGS for spring break (one dog for 7 days, another dog for 3 days, another dog for 1 day, and then two puppies that came over and had to go back home because they never stopped barking... that was interesting!) and Bennett just loved it. I love seeing him grab Rosie's face and try to say "you're a good girl, yes you are" in Bennett language. And he feeds her a hundred times a day, she's very taken care of around here. If she hasn't eaten her last course Bennett just dumps it back in with her food and gives her a new bowl, just in case. Then he sits on her.

I guess I skipped my section but the beginning counts -- my whole week was all about slowing down, catching up, trip prep, Holy Week, and growing this baby!

"You're a good girl, yes you are!"


Between these dogs and Kitty, I have to fight for any cuddle time with Michael.
He'll never refuse love to an animal that wants it, so if a dog or cat gets there first, I'm out of luck!

Our cute neighbor brought these boys some intense Easter Bunny chocolates on a stick. They were so thrilled about it.
I told them they could eat them on our morning walk, but that we couldn't save them. They could eat what they wanted,
then we were going to throw them away, because they were a lot.

Westin ate this much then said, "Ok, I think my belly has had enough of this. Which trash can do I put it in?"
Bennett saw him put his in a trash can so then he wanted to do the same thing.
Then the reality of what he did hit him, and he screamed and cried for twenty seconds about that sucker
(he had eaten more of his than Westin had at that point, so I didn't feel too bad for him),
then he was ok. And on we went on our walk.
Teaching kids intuitive eating is something I think a lot about, but overthinking it can backfire!

Library story time was our only weekly plan still on the books during spring break, and we were grateful for the outing.

I've been sewing brides with wedding season coming up!
I really love wedding stitches, the dresses and flowers are so fun.

You can't tell but this moon tonight was gorgeous.
I miss checking the mail with Michael every day in Manchester Village in Indy.
Residency has lots of solo mail checks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis