Monday, November 2, 2020

Big Snow and Simple Halloween

 The boys were excited to get a big snow storm this week!

It was almost melted by Halloween, so that was perfect. We had a fun and simple Halloween with our neighborhood families, doing a spaced out parade and most houses put candy outside in ways that would keep people from touching each other's candy. It was friendly and distanced and fun to see a lot of our older neighbors come out to enjoy the kids' costumes, too. Then we trick or treated the couple streets over to our bishop's house where our ward had a little trunk or treat set up. We came home and had a pumpkin shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's and sorted candy and it was one of those "Oh wow, life is really different" days... I just remember each Halloween of residency feeling kind of hard. Getting 2 or 3 kids dressed up, making food for the parties we would go to, driving to multiple neighborhoods to trick or treat because our neighborhood wasn't super festive... it was always so fun and the boys loved it. But having Michael around for the whole holiday, and walking right outside our door to the friendliest set up, it just all felt really fun and simple and perfect.

It's so late and I just finished painting my downstairs bathroom (pics at the end) so I'm heading to bed. Pictures instead of words this week. I love my little family.

Watching cousins in their virtual primary programs has been a fun bonus of this weird year.



The snow started in the evening and kept coming all night!
This was a really good read. I've been listening and reading so much more these last few weeks compared to when I was painting even more than I am now.

"Don't let Camden by the stairs" is a current frequent big brother job.


They were just spinning and jumping and hugging... I love them.
Couldn't contain their excitement to get out in the snow.
They're wearing the same shirt underneath their t shirts -- I went to a consignment sale from families that have twins and triplets in Fort Collins and picked up a bunch of winter stuff. They can basically wear the same size and I think it's so funny.

Deep! Bennett eats snow the whole time he plays in it :)






Some projects are easier and faster than I anticipate (painting doors).
Some projects are much, much more tedious than I anticipate (painting our shiplap black). 
Painting the gaps between the boards took me hours. There was probably a better way to do that but I just didn't think it would be so hard to get to after we installed it.
But now it's done and we set up our BED for the first time since being here and our room is starting to feel like a real room, its so fun. The black shiplap is super calming to me.
Sometimes he just cries and cries. Oh Cam Cam.


Michael made butternut squash soup on his day off this week and it was a labor of love for sure.
Picked up the ingredients with Westin, toasted the coconut, used fresh ginger and garlic and doubled the recipe... it was delicious but very strong ginger flavor going on so the boys were having a hard time.
They couldn't wrap their minds around the "spicy" they were feeling -- it's different than spicy Mexican food but they still couldn't get on board.
One of Michael's assistants brought some avocados from her dad's avocado tree in Florida.
It's HUGE! The next picture has scale...

The fork helps. This thing is massive. And SO good!
See how perfect?
We've kept it in the fridge and we've been putting slices on sandwiches, eggs, in smoothies, etc, and it's just this dream avocado that keeps on giving.

All ready for our masked-up, socially-distanced parade and trick or treat time!
Our neighborhood parade and trick or treating meshed right into our ward trunk or treat at our bishop's house, and it was the most efficient and simple Halloween ever. It was great!

Our sweet Dalmatian was frequently referred to as a cow.
Both are really cute.




Pumpkin pizza time!
The day before I took the boys to pick up groceries, pick up pizzas, and one more errand,
and we were home within 25 minutes. I LOVE living close to everything we need.
Every night they fall asleep, and I stay up doing this or that.

Picnic spot after our family ride!


This design is far less tedious than our Indianapolis wall -- took me 3 hours instead of 24.
And it doesn't even look like it should have taken 3 hours. It just did.


Done! Time to add some details and shelves and stuff to get this looking a more finished.
I should've taken a picture of the robin egg blue bathroom before, but I've taken no before pics.
Just jumped into things around here and I should have documented our empty rooms before we moved in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis