Sunday, March 13, 2022

Estes Park Getaway

We had a low key week and a fun weekend getaway!

This week we finished the pantry (hooray!) and got some work done with our water heater/furnace. The boys loved going to the school book fair and picking out a book. Westin is in a Pokemon phase and Camden found an egg who has "glasses like me!" Bennett is sticking with dinosaurs some more.

Michael found a hotel mystery shop in Estes Park so we left right after school and work on Friday to get away for a couple nights. We ate at a diner when we got there that was really low key and fun -- we had a room to ourselves for most of dinner since we beat the crowd and they were just starting to need their overflow. Burgers and pie are always a win.

At the hotel the older boys slept in a room all 3 together for the first time and Camden loved having his Pack n Play between his two brothers' beds. Such cuties. Asher hung out in the king bed with mom and dad still, which works much better than in our queen bed at home :)

The next day we went ice fishing (so quick -- those trout were ready to be caught!) and sledding, and on a little hike. Estes Park is gorgeous in the winter and it's so fun to live by Rocky Mountain National Park.

We got home mid-day Sunday and felt rejuvenated for the week! So rejuvenated, actually, that I've finally decided (after going back and forth a million times on the decision) to drive my boys out to Utah tomorrow. We need to meet our little Dallin cousin, and it'll be the first solo road trip with four but it's going to be great!

Always watching these boys play with cars while I nurse.

Library day at preschool, cute Bennett.
They just let us know they don't have to wear masks anymore!
That's going to be so good for Bennett. He's significantly more quiet when wearing a mask.

Book Fair Finds!

This squish has my heart.



Time to move to the pack n play.... three's a crowd.
Camden has taken on the job of always making sure that elephant is right by Asher :)


Supports up!
Michael did this part. I hate drilling into walls.
I was fine using my miter saw, jig saw, sander, paints, stud finder, wall papering, all the things for this project... except the drill, ha. I don't know why that is the part I always feel the need to wait for Michael for!


Let's see if this new rug cleaner works...
bummer to have workers the day it snowed and I forgot to put towels down.

Pantry done!
My air fryer finally has a home in my kitchen. It has had to live in my basement,
but I love it so much we built a home for it :)

There's a whole row of cereal behind that row of cereal,
and those buckets have 25 pounds of oats, rice, whole wheat berries, white flour, sugar, and a TBD.
Feels so good to have a space for that stuff!

Somebody is finally facing forward in the car!
He's a big fan.

My heroes.












I was surprised they wanted to watch it get cleaned!
Note how far away I am taking this picture :)




My friend Emily gave me this bundle when Westin was born and all my babies have worn it. 
I just love seeing them in it so much, sweet bundled boys.




Trout for dinner!
It was delicious, but, the bones were an ordeal.

Camden ate more fish than the rest of us combined!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis