Monday, June 13, 2022

Sweet Cedar Sunday

 Our summer days have been so fun. The boys do a great job with their checklists and it drives all the need-to-happen things without me feeling like I'm nagging. I am really loving lifting weights again each day. It wasn't fun waiting to be able to do that again and I'm hoping to make some noticeable strength improvements and keep up with these boys!

On Friday we packed up and headed west, this time with Michael, who so often doesn't get to come on our road trips with us. We felt brave enough to take the 70 (a 10-hour drive to my parents) since we were together, where I usually take the 80 if I'm solo (a 7-hour drive to Ali's). 

Asher was pretty good but I did go back and nurse him while he was in his carseat during every single stretch so we could fit some longer legs of driving in. Camden wants to talk about every single truck, car, plane, tractor, cow, deer, sign, "blue jay" (there's never really a blue jay?) that he sees. It's super cute for the first 10 minutes of the day haha, and quickly turns exhausting, but then randomly cute again when he gets super excited. Like when he saw a transporter and it just blew his mind. "There's a truck! There's a blue car! There's a big truck! WHY DOES THAT TRUCK HAVE SO MANY CARS OH MY GOSH!" It's fun to get reminders from kids about how they see the world. Cutie.

We made it to Cedar on Friday in time to take the older boys to see the fireworks show at the Utah Summer Games opening ceremonies. I loved going to that growing up. My dad would typically be involved with his radio station, my cousins were usually in town playing soccer games, my friends loved seeing each other during the summer there. It was just always a fun summer night and it was fun to see the boys have fun there with their Miner cousins. 

Saturday we played at the school, played with the water in the ditch -- I remember sending so many sticks and leaves under my driveway and running from curb to curb to catch them and my boys loved it too -- eating at Brody's, playing at the church while Kindal and I practiced our musical number, meeting Carter and Kindal for ice cream that night with Asher and Rosie, and enjoying time with my parents. Kindal stayed over until after midnight that night plotting future illustrations for our next book -- it's so fun to plan together.

Sunday we made it to 9am church with my parents for possibly my last Sunday in the church I grew up in. They are tearing it down at the end of this year due to earthquake safety reasons, and not rebuilding. Kindal and I played a piano-violin duet of Be Still My Soul and we both loved playing together. It's been years!

Michael started to feel sick Sunday, which was such a bummer. We'd had so much sickness the couple months leading up to this trip that I had just really, really hoped we could sail through family time with good health and have as much fun together as possible. But I guess it's also a blessing to get sick when you have the time to rest. 




Please note the water balloon in the pocket.
You just never know when you might need one.

Michael took Camden to pick up Kolaches and bring them to a dental office.
We had a little taste test, blueberry won.







That's a four-boys-two-week van tetris game.

Not much of the trip looked like this, 
but some did. Some did.
The boys in the back listened to the Purple Rocket podcast for the entire drive.

Looking too big in that restaurant high chair.

Cedar in time for fireworks!

I used to call my friend Tiffany and say, "There's water in the ditch! Come play!"
It was such a thrilling thing back then, and I just loved that my boys found it thrilling too :)

Sending sticks and leaves endless times.

Lunch at Brody's with all my family is a little taste of what heaven will be like.
Cheese enchiladas, street tacos, my favorite people.
Chips and salsa.
Heaven.


Always needing an Asher hug before they go to sleep.


Camden was so funny at church.
He was so concerned about Grandpa up on the stand. I guess he rarely sees the serious side of Grandpa.
"How'd Grandpa get up there? Why is he mad?? Is he ok? What's he doing!!!"

Asher fell asleep on Kindal during church, he already loves her as much as I do.

Kindal and Rosie came over for chocolate malts after church.


This church building will always have my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis