Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother's Day and Music Night

We had a good week full of doctor appointments, dental appointments, soccer practices and games, activity days, feeding the missionaries, two of four boys throwing up, practicing for accompanying the choir, Luna still healing from surgery, walks in the rain, kid dates, basement projects, naps, and a fun date night on Friday and Mother's Day.

Friday our friends threw a "music night" where you come with one song to play that you just love and one song to play that is your "guilty pleasure" for whatever reason. We went around the circle and told a little about our song, then our DJ/friend Matthew would play a couple minutes of it. I chose this song by Josh Ritter and Michael chose this song by Macklemore. For our "guilty pleasure" songs, I chose this song -- there just a line in that chorus that I feel deep in my bones and I want it on my grave :) And Michael chose this song because of how much it cracks him up to see Camden love it. Then at the end everyone voted for their favorite guilty pleasure pick, basically who we were all the most surprised by, and Michael took home the grand prize -- which was a purple pillow with Nicholas Cage in a banana costume, naturally. Such a fun night. 

Mother's Day was so sweet. I loved it so much. The boys made an omelette station with a toppings menu, I got a new dress for church that made me happy to wear, we sang O My Father in Sacrament meeting and I loved it, the boys were sweethearts, we got to drive to Denver to spend the day at Katie's and surprise Michael's mom who was still there, and the cousins had a blast together. Such a happy Mother's Day. All I wanted was a picture with each of my boys. We had about a 75% success rate :) Two were very obliging, one required a bribe, and one would not have it. But I love them all very. very. much.

Last check up that isn't a birthday check up. Feels monumental.

Sweet soccer buddies

Camden's half smiles melt my heart.

Asher has started crawling the playgrounds. 
So cute. So messy.

Some balance bike training :)


My bathroom tile pattern.
The tile guy thought I was kinda crazy, but I just love the un-random randomness.

Sweet little Asher loving on Luna. She knows I don't want her to come in though... :)

Loves to demolish our calendar/magnets.

Woke Westy up at midnight to see the craziest lightning we've ever seen.

This looks like daytime but it's midnight with just constant flashes of lightning lighting up the sky.

Westin date! He does TCBY like his dad -- so much color. So much candy. 

His.

Hers.




Music Night Grand Prize!

Cuddliest cutie at soccer games

Doing some board and batten in our downstairs guest room





Not pictured... daddy's boy Asher who is incapable of being in a picture if daddy is taking the picture, because he wants to be in daddy's arms instead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis