Sunday, February 11, 2024

Super Bowl Sunday

I loved this week!

Playgroup at the park, science project for Bennett and Westin, Sofi teaching us to crochet at Young Womens, initial doctor appointment to figure out Bennett's sleeping, sweet guy, a doctor appointment for me and being DONE with my dumb hormone medicine that ruined life for 10 days a month, a pedicure before beach time, registering Camden for preschool next year instead of starting kindergarten, staying at Katie's house Friday night and doing pizza/movie night with cousins, playing on Saturday before a nap time drive home, getting a babysitter for the adult session of stake conference, a solidly successful stake conference on Sunday morning even though we expected it to be kind of miserable, making SO MANY yummy Super Bowl snacks (macro counting paused for today and there is a bowl of muddy buddies with my name on it), the Whitneys and Schmidts over for the big game, cheered for Brock Purdy but can't help but also cheering for Taylor's boyfriend so it's a win-win. 

Westin spent hours with our babysitter on Saturday making fuse beads to spell out "Super Bowl 58, Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers," each letter fused together and laid out on our table for Sunday's game. This kid has been all about this Super Bowl since basically last year's Super Bowl ended.

Also the half time show was incredibly joyful and I will be watching it many more times. And maybe buying roller skates?

100 days of school!
His brothers liked helping him with all those band-aids.
I'm going to try to convince Camden and Asher to go this same route... so much easier than Westin's 100 creature power discs we hot glued all over a shirt haha.

Still down today. He took 3 naps before nap time, poor guy.

Stocking up stores for Easter!

Luna's shots are more high maintenance than my children's!
They don't like to combine much of anything for her so we are taking her in 3 weeks in a row for a different vaccine. 

Science Fair beginnings! Bennett is doing some Skittle experimenting.

First you need to know how many of each color there are.
Because, first grade.


He is dissolving them in water, baby oil, vinegar, and rubbing alcohol. We'll see!

Michael had a conference in Parker Saturday morning so we decided to do a cousin movie night Friday and all stay with Katie. She's so sweet to let us bring Luna down so that we can do little getaways like this and get all the boys together.

There's something about all 7 of our boys playing with a train track that melts my heart. Soon our older boys won't do that and they'll be in a much different place than our little guys. But right now they are 7 magical boys who play trains and cars together and these are just some sweet years.



Another successful cousin time.

Water won! Who knew. His hypothesis was alcohol. The baby oil did absolutely nothing and the vinegar came in second place.

Some Jenga building before church!
I spy new floors... this is going to be a big project when we get home from Hawaii.

My friend snapped this during stake conference and I love seeing Asher in action.
He was actually really sweet during the two hours, which I was grateful for. Westin sat by his bestie playing the dot game and getting hyped for the Super Bowl, Bennett went a few rows behind and sat by our cute babysitter, Camden didn't feel great and laid his head on Michael's lap most of the time, and Asher just wanted to pet my head and give me kisses. I had multiple people come up to me after telling me that watching us made them miss their little kids, which I'm sure is NOT the typical reaction we cause in people during stake conference so we were happy to get an easier-than-predicted day.

Michael whipped up some sourdough pretzels for the Super Bowl because he's domestic like that.

Can you spot the KC one and the 49 one? Westin couldn't decide who to root for.
But once kick off happened, his heart went to the Chiefs.

The curliest of curly fries and the rest of our spread.
We all picked a snack or two and it's probably my favorite meal of the year. That or New Year's Eve, which is when we have appetizers for dinner and looks EXACTLY like this, so, there's a strong theme to my favorite foods.

Asher was LOVING Usher. He couldn't help but dance. Finally just stood up on his chair, turned around to grab the back, and just started booty dropping haha. Me too.

Such a fun game to watch! We had a couple other families over and everyone bounced between the basement and upstairs, but we all watched halftime together downstairs. So close and fun, but I have to admit I wanted Brock Purdy to take the win (sorry Westin!) But I also wore my Taylor sweatshirt as my Super Bowl gear so it was obviously a win-win outcome for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis