Monday, May 23, 2011

I like dirt.

Guys, I have a desk job.

I thought I loved desk jobs, because I had one in Provo. And I loved it. 

But turns out that wasn't quite a real desk job. It was a... go to work for two hours, go to class, go back to work, go back to class, go play at work, go work at work kind of desk job.

Now I have a real, true, 9:00-5:30 desk job. It comes with its challenges. 

That's why Elder and Sister Sowby thought we would be very excited to go to a Foggy Bottom service project.

Foggy Bottom is the name of the neighborhood I live in. It got its name from the way the river looks around here sometimes. (Foggy...on the bottom.)


So about 20 of us headed down the street, ready to play in the mud serve.

The project people were so surprised to see us all. They asked if they could help us with something, but we told them we were there to help them! They were so excited.

The picture above is our before picture. This is when the park and street still had lots and lots of leaves. And weeds. And trash. And a dead cat. (I wish I was making that up.)


Maybe you can't tell. But this is a plant with roots in a tennis ball. It was strange.

We threw it in front of a dog. It wouldn't play fetch.


And this, this is after. Forty bags of leaves and weeds and trash after. Noah looks beat in this picture, but don't let him fool you. He was singing Justin Bieber at the top of his lungs just moments before this pic. Plus dance moves.

There were other groups of BYU students with areas just like this all over the street. So many bags!
Luckily it was one of those other groups that found the sad, forgotten cat.

So gross.


The whole crew! 


This is a cute news spread about the day, plus another article here for your reading pleasure.

What a good day. 
No desks. Lots of dirt. AND they sent us each home with an azalea. Mine is still alive because last time I let a plant die, Michael and his green thumb judged me. 

I should go water that...

1 comment:

  1. Maddie! You look like you are having a great time! I love you and all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis