Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Best of January [in terms of food]

Sometimes we eat frozen burritos and ramen noodles. Right now I get to blame it on working full time and random things that fill the evenings. (Crochet lessons? True story.) But let's be honest, we'll probably always sometimes eat frozen burritos and ramen noodles. I mean, the thought of cooking every day sometimes gives me this special type of anxiety that also manifests itself anytime I enter a grocery store with a shopping list that I know is at least a 60-minuter. [shudder.]

But then there are days we do pretty well around here. I mean, I don't hear any complaints (from the boy who ate frozen burritos and spaghetti for four years straight, but magically made it to our wedding day alive and well). So if you think you might enjoy them as much as we did, here are some recipes you should try!

Bombay House inspired Chicken Tikka Masala
Roast with Stuffed Mushrooms
And on top of that Chicken Tikka Masala recipe up there, I even made some Chickpea Curry (thanks for the recipe, Diana!). Curry is not my thing... Ok, all Indian food is not my thing. But I really don't like when I don't like food, so I have to give it a try once in a while. And you know what? It was delicious. There is hope for me and curry. We just might be happy together someday.

Not tomorrow. But, someday.

2 comments:

  1. My my my, how you've changed. You are the one kid I remember having to bribe by offering you 50 cents to try one mouthful of something good. Heh. (And don't worry, you'll come around to curry.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maddie,

    Your a woman after my own heart!! I just miss Bombay and Zupas! Jose and I just love love love Indian food, girl I have let myself sooooo go, haircuts every hmmm....6-12 months :( and well mommy hood is something I definitely am learning how to master, not sure when the mastering will come in but I hope its at least in the next decade!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis