Sunday, January 21, 2018

Exploring Fresno

Michael:
took us to a little river center and trail walk on Saturday. We rode our bikes to it and it was fun. Some toddler tantrums happened quite a bit because someone wanted dad all to himself, but for the most part it was great. It was low 50s and we were freezing, but then I remind myself that I'm bike riding in January so I can't even complain. He put in a lot of call days early this month so he actually wasn't on call at all this week. He didn't make it home at a good time any night though, so by the time Friday came around my toddler was eating cereal for dinner in his underwear. We do what we can to make it through long weeks and then, we admit defeat. Honestly, toddlers really like eating cereal for dinner in their underwear, so it's not like it was all bad. Tonight we're going to eat dinner with some family friends from his residency program.

Maddie:
met up with a girl from my London study abroad group and it was fun to reconnect. Her husband is doing oral surgery residency through the Air Force so he has a few rotations in Fresno during his program. We met at the Discovery Center and it was our first time there, and then we actually went again the same week with our little preschool group. I love seeing all those kids together on Fridays and getting a chance to catch up with their moms. I'm finishing up a huge cross stitch portrait and then moving on to the recent orders I've had and I love working on those at night. There's a funny dynamic doing something so old-ladyish while watching Stranger Things that I just enjoy for some reason. Speaking of which, we need a new show. I also talked with my Indiana bishop's wife this week and I have had them on my mind so much. I love her, and I love that family. After we hung up I just kept thinking so much about how wonderful the people are that we were lucky to spend time with during Michael's dental school years.

Westin:
Really liked the Discovery Center this week and he loved hanging out with Braelynn the whole time. I think he's found his first love. He's only napping 2-3 times a week now but his little timer light keeps him doing a solid stretch of quiet time. Thank heaven for that. But quiet time is rarely very quiet... and it's pretty messy. But contained is really all we're going for so I'll take it. I'm trying to find a fun letter app for him because he's really loved finding letters on signs while we drive lately and saying "Hey, W for Westin!" and a few others he really knows. He knows what all his letters are but now he's having fun figuring out what words start with what.

Bennett:
didn't even want to be carried when we did our little trail walk on Saturday. He loved just walking around and exploring nature like the big kid he is now. We still just call him baby though. #BabyBenettForever
Church with Bennett has gotten to the follow him around the halls stage, so nursery in April is looking pretty nice. I wonder how his transition will go. We love how much he needs to cuddle when he wakes up in the morning or from his nap. He's currently cuddling on dad on the couch after a much too short post-church nap, and it's adorable. I love my boys!

Bennett's post-nap sort-of-nap, Michael's legit nap. I always envy his ability to fall asleep fast and stay asleep through so much. But I don't want his work life that provides him that so.... I'll stick with my light sleeping probs.


My sister's stitch on her cute mantel that they remodeled. 


Bennett in a bike helmet is in my top ten favorite things in life.


Preschool gang plus some siblings.


Noise makers and proud of it.

Westin only has eyes for Braelynn when she's around.




First time doing this puzzle with no help and he was so proud of it!

Tres Leches Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis